Skip to content

Best 'enhancement' in BGEE? [Potential Spoilers]

What is your favourite 'enhanced' element of BGEE? By that I mean a feature of BGEE that was *not* in the original game. It can be a new item, character, adventure, kit, etc.

For me, it was…

…the appearance of Baeloth. I was *not* expecting it at all, and it came as a complete surprise. I couldn't stop chuckling for a good 5 minutes!
YozZzZzCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovPurudaya[Deleted User]

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Fixed quests, about bugfixin', well, I hate bug fixes that remove exploits.
    But I really like all their job, mainly compatibility with other devices and that stuff.
    Also, in v1.2 the modding capabilities of the game were brutally enhanced.
    ThrasymachusJuliusBorisov
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    A Mage that wasn't evil, tied to someone or just plain sucked. Oh yes, and the armor Bards + F/M can use.
    ThrasymachusCrevsDaak
  • AyiekieAyiekie Member Posts: 975
    The new UI and lack of loading times. The new NPCs are a close second.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovThrasymachuslelag200
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    The new UI, especially the THAC0/Damage calculators on the inventory and character record screens, is really great. Allows you to see all the differences between two weapons at a glance in a lot more detail than the original. BG2EE also added a nice looting button that lets you pick things up without going through a container menu.

New NPC's are nice but I've only played Dorn's BG1 line.
    Maylander said:

A Mage that wasn't evil, tied to someone or just plain sucked. Oh yes, and the armor Bards + F/M can use.

Elven chain is pretty underwhelming for F/M. :( Unless you've got another mage in the party that is using your alignment archmagi robe, it's pretty worthless. I wish they would have given it a +X enchantment or some other passive benefits to make it better. Still, good for Bards.
    ThrasymachusKidCarnival
  • MaylanderMaylander Member Posts: 74
    Mitchfork said:

Elven chain is pretty underwhelming for F/M. :( Unless you've got another mage in the party that is using your alignment archmagi robe, it's pretty worthless. I wish they would have given it a +X enchantment or some other passive benefits to make it better. Still, good for Bards.

True, though it allows us to bring proper mages as well. Then again, that was always possible as they simply had to be of a different alignment than the main character. So yes, much better for Bards than F/M.
    Thrasymachus
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    a wild mage npc
    ThrasymachusWolk[Deleted User]
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Wolk said:

No loading time is really the best enhancement, althrough I miss the old "tips" they gave in the loading screen, I smilled everytime they gave us the " Your characters don't have to eat, but you do, we don't want to lose you."

There are many things I like, but if I had to choose just one it would be no loading screens for me too. It was really noticeable when I imported my BGEE save to vanilla BG2, almost made me just want to wait for BG2EE.
    ThrasymachusCrevsDaak
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @Maylander

For the record, Xan gets every single important spell in BG, and he's totally single ladies!

My favourite enhancement... Well, I'd say "having kits in BG" though that's something I'd had modded for the original, so I'm going to have to go with Neera. She's quirky, awkwardly charming, and I've always liked Wild Mages.
    Thrasymachus[Deleted User]
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    @nano
    7 Con and 14 Con are absolutely interchangeable, Xan has the exact same Hitpoint bonus as Neera and Xzar. The fact that he has an extra -1 AC from his Moonblade is actually a minor boost to survivability over both of them.

Personally I suspect people get scared of the prospect of not having Magic Missile.
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    Most of what's great has been said so I'll say something I didn't like...
    How they changed the conjuration to BG2 style. 1 or 2 creatures with 5 max. I loved playing vanilla and being able to summon 9 gibberlings that would rush like a flood on enemies. That used to be a badass part of the game
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Mainly I love the speed and stability. Honorable mentions go to bug fixes, the action icon on the character portrait (it surprises me how often I use it to make sure everyone is doing something productive), and Neera.
    jackjackCrevsDaakBelgarathMTHThrasymachus
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    edited December 2013
    nano said:

He's single for a reason...

I think it's the 7 con, he just can't keep up.

Can't possibly be his cheerful outlook on life.

Anyway - the THAC0/damage calculation, existance of Elven Chain and obviously bug fixes make my list, even before Dorn (only really relevant new NPC to me).
    Post edited by KidCarnival on
    nanoThrasymachus
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Pantalion said:

@nano
    7 Con and 14 Con are absolutely interchangeable, Xan has the exact same Hitpoint bonus as Neera and Xzar. The fact that he has an extra -1 AC from his Moonblade is actually a minor boost to survivability over both of them.

Personally I suspect people get scared of the prospect of not having Magic Missile.

It's not interchangeable to the ladies :p

And I think his flashy Moonblade might be compensating for something...

But yeah, Neera and Xzar are pretty squishy as well. I definitely prefer Dynaheir, Edwin and Imoen. 1d4+2 is almost twice the number of hitpoints compared to 1d4. Plus Xan can't cast Web, Xzar can't cast Mirror Image, and Neera can't cast "thank you for helping me with my quest" without triggering Wild Surge:Ungrateful BWitch
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    But Xzar can go all vampire on squirrels and random stuff with Larloch's. Not so squishy anymore after 4 squirrel snacks. AND more cheerful!
    [Deleted User]
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    Sorcerers!

Now I can assault Durlag's Tower at level 1 and not have to leave when I want to learn new spells!
    Thrasymachus
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    I've said it several times before in other threads, but I *really* love those colored foot circles. I always make a rainbow of them. :)
    jackjack[Deleted User]NonnahswriterThrasymachus
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Mac version! No messing with Bootcamp or Parallels, native OS X goodness!
    jackjackThrasymachusabacus