Skip to content

Strangely, I gained the bard's stronghold without being a bard

First, I may explain a bit about my circumstance (not sure if it's related though). I'm playing an evil elf ranger. Normally the ranger can't be evil in BG2, but I don't see the reason for it--it works fine in NWN series--so I just created a CG ranger then edited him to CE with Shadow Keeper. I've already gained the ranger stronghold, even completed a quest helping woods spirit.

Then the strange bit comes. I went to the playhouse with Haer'dalis. When the bounty hunter came out of portal I chose not to guard the troupe. After the scene Samual Thunderburp came to me, and I was able to tell him I possessed the deed of this place. Then Samual introduced a director to me. I got the running playhouse quest in my journal. The odd thing is
1. I wasn't really given that deed since I skipped Astral Plane.
2. I already have a stronghold.
3. I'm not even a bard!
So how could this happen? Does anyone know about this? Thanks.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    The theatre welcomes men and women from all walks of life (…)
    This also sounds like a bug.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    ... bards get a stronghold? :O

One of these days I really should try playing one maybe.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Did you install the multi stronghold mod?
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    kryptix said:

Did you install the multi stronghold mod?

No. The only mod I use is Imoen friendship mod. I've completed fighter and cleric's class quests but neither offered their stronghold to me. Ironically, I didn't do bard's quest yet gained its stronghold LOL

Clearly it's a bug. Maybe some of you haven't done this quest at current playthrough can try it? Just save Haer'dalis, go to the theatre, promise to help them and insist payment now (←not sure if it's necessary), then sell them out to the bounty hunter. I'm curious about consequence.

It's actually a pleasant surprise to me (if nothing goes wrong later). I've heard bard's quest is interesting and look forward to play one in future playthrough. Yet I'd like to know what caused it. Any help would be appreciated.

• RealReal Member Posts: 68
    Possibly, this is the side effect of your shadowkeeper editing?
  • wuthering20wuthering20 Member Posts: 39
    Real said:

Perhaps. Yet even if the game doesn't recognize me as a ranger (it does), I fail to see how could it take me as a bard. So far I'm inclined to a bug in theatre questline.

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Well Bard's get the coolest stronghold ever, that I'm almost completing now. So this is the second best bug ever! (the first was one where Binky the Buffoon doesn't appear. Hate that guy! But... I kinda missed him when he was gone :( )
  • RealReal Member Posts: 68

Real said:

Perhaps. Yet even if the game doesn't recognize me as a ranger (it does), I fail to see how could it take me as a bard. So far I'm inclined to a bug in theatre questline.

It must not be a consistent bug then. My ranger sure didn't get offered the stronghold =[