Skip to content

Kangaxx solo sorcerer only one ring?

alexeiwc3gosualexeiwc3gosu Member Posts: 4
Im about lvl 16 now sorcerer
I went to kill the lich Kangaxx, i moved into the room and when i summon him hit the talk button immediately while Hexxat is pickpocketing him, and i get this damn message that there are no items that can be pickpocketed with my current skill, even though i've drank several potions and pickpocket skill is around 170-180 .. is that fixed in EE edition or what? then i gave up kicked out the thief and started my solo kill.

There's so many ways to kill Kangaxx but i decided to share this one:
I had like 4 scrolls of protection from undead, but i dont want to lose none of them :D So i put them in the quickslot menu and cast simulacrum. then summon 2 swords of mordekainen. Use the simulacrum copy to cast the protection from undead on myself on the copy and on the swords. Then start the event and kill him. When he transforms into the demilich my summons disappeared, so i run to the corner and repeated the process. came back with swords under protection of the undead and finished him off.

*on my first try i was few seconds to late to cast the protection from undead and the lich triggered his protections and started casting time stop and mass dispell that ended up badly, so make sure he doesnt see any units which are not protected from undead, or the fight becomes harder. Also his regeneration is so high that one sword will not be able to finish him off, you need at least 2 swords, and my mages weapon was a sling+5 which i believe you can buy in the shop.

Comments

• LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited December 2013
    Well, I am glad it's fixed. I mean - if you want to do it like that, you might as well give yourself a copy via EE Keeper. Same difference.

Also, I didn't know that Mordenkainen Swords hit as +4 or up o_O I always thought it was +3. And I had always the impression that the Swords could be affected by his Trap the Soul ability.
  • alexeiwc3gosualexeiwc3gosu Member Posts: 4
    I think we love bg because of the way it was made with most of its bugs :) like killing drizzt in bg1:p ? damn i could never resist that, did it in so many diffirent ways. Even with ranger, without becoming fallen. But using addons or shadowkeeper ruins it imho.
    And regarding mordekainen sword i think new tooltip says its +4 which is awesome )) tried to kill demogorgon but that didnt work, so its defenetly not +5 but still very nice.