Skip to content

(spoiler request) Coran and Viconia

Hi, I'm currently working on a party where I'm a female bard, and she wants to create a magnum opus "Opera" based on her adventures, where she will star in the lead role singing soprano. (Her name is "Soprana", in fact - not all that original or creative, but it makes me smile.)

She is searching for four "singers" (soprano, alto, tenor, bass), two men and two women, who will play out her adventure for her. She will mostly remain invisible, sing skald song, and record the grand adventure of these four people. She will eventually take the role of the "female leader" for herself. (If she has to force fit her vision into the "Turmish Play", then so be it!)

She had thought that perhaps Viconia would be a good lead for "The Opera", especially with that "Tralala, for Shar" thing that Viconia does, but she is having second thoughts.

She is also starting to think that she would prefer that the battle priest in The Opera be a male singer. (Her eventual knight-in-shining-armor all-too-arrogant lover, as it will turn out.)

This is quite metagamingly convenient, since she has been using Coran for her tenor hero, and, throughout the game, Viconia has been saying

"Male, get me some food!" And "In the Underdark, you would be fodder for the Kuo-Toa!" To which Coran has been replying up until just now "Ah, you are feeling rude today (paraphrased for lack of memory)." But, just now, he said, obviously through gritted teeth, "I don't appreciate your humor." That's the darkest tone I've ever heard out of Coran's mouth.

and, we are just now entering the Cloakwood mines, where I happen to know
I will find Yeslick, who is about to replace Viconia as a bass/baritone "singer", and leave Soprana searching for a new female lead for her grand production.

The spoiler request, if you've been so kind to read this far, is, will Coran and Viconia attack each other? I think that would be kind of cool. Or, do they just keep expressing their distaste for each other through the whole game without coming to blows?

And, here's the obligatory yada yada yada: I've never used Viconia and Coran together in BG1, this game is still surprising me with its character depth after 15 years of play!

And, I intend to play Soprana all the way through BG2, and I may start posting about her publicly in the Challenges and Playthroughs: Minimal Reload Challenge thread, if anyone is interested in this.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345

The spoiler request, if you've been so kind to read this far, is, will Coran and Viconia attack each other? I think that would be kind of cool.

Nay, they never come to blows. Kivan and Viconia might, on the other hand. and Keldorn and Viconia in BG2.

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Thanks, @Shin. I think that I will imagine that they do though, for Soprana, because it makes a much more dramatic and interesting Opera.
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I feel like Branwen would make a good lead for a Wagner opera
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    edited December 2013
    to your actual question: no, they don't fight. Coran compliments Viconia occasionally. It's pretty cute.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I don't think Viconia would agree to appear in an opera
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @ajwz

It's that bardic mind music. It's screwing with Viconia's head =)