Skip to content

Getting to De'Arnise Hold

Hello, I'm not a new player, but this has always annoyed me. I playing a fighter (berserker) and want to do the stronghold quest as soon as possible, but I can't get to De'Arnise Hold without getting interrupted by the whole Poisoned man/Jaheira and the Harpers questline. Nalia says we should be going to her castle immediately, and I want to. I really, really want to, but the game won't allow me. When I'm a ranger I can get to Umar Hills without the poisoned man encounter just fine, but it's something about the sequence of mapcrossings (Copper Coronet -> Slums -> first "waylaid" encounter -> City Gates -> "poisoned man" encounter) that can't be avoided. Or can it? Is there some trick I can do to postpone the encounter until later?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Dunno about postponing the encounter itself, but there's no need for you to do the followup with Xzar right away, or ever. That part you can hold off as long as you like. So just go deliver him to the Harpers and then turn down Xzar's request. I'm entirely sure he doesn't close off the quest no matter what you say to him, but just to be sure you could save before he initiates the talk and double-check.
  • EllipsisEllipsis Member Posts: 2
    You're right, of course. I'll do that. Thanks.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    This time I kept the body in hexxat's bag of holding until like level 12 end of chapter 3...