Skip to content

Solution for intermittent apparently audio-related stuttering [SOLVED]

So, ever since beta 1.2 I've been having an issue where the game would stutter very badly (apparently) whenever new audio assets were loaded. After several false starts and red herrings... I have found the solution, at least for my own case.

My primary storage device is a Crucial RealSSD c300, a quite nice SSD in my opinion, but it was the flaw in this case. I got notified of a firmware update for the device, from v006 to v007 - with the main issue on the changelog being 'fixed disk access stuttering encountered by some users'. Updated firmware, rebooted, launch BG - no more stutter. Beautiful!

Comments

• AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
    edited December 2013
    Well I've been getting the intermittent (less than a second long) freezes every 4-6 seconds and using this thread as a reference I turned off all in-game sound to see if that would solve the problem. It did.

I'm using a SSD as well but it's a PNY XLR8. The firmware is totally up to date so no luck in that regard. Anyone have any other ideas? I'm thinking of going through the .ini and messing with any audio related settings to see how that pans out.

EDIT: Not much luck on the .ini front but I did narrow the sound problem down specifically to the music. When the music slider is set to 0 the game runs fine. All other sounds on default. Why would it be doing this?
  • enneractenneract Member Posts: 187