Skip to content

Sorcerers...

Do you swap spells with ee keeper?

Comments

• ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Errr no, just pick 'em right the first time.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    I know people were wondering about this pre- BG2:EE launch: do you get to repick your spells when you import your char or final BGEE save into BG2:EE?

Otherwise I will most certainly be ee keepering my sleep spell for something else ;)
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Faydark said:

I know people were wondering about this pre- BG2:EE launch: do you get to repick your spells when you import your char or final BGEE save into BG2:EE?

Otherwise I will most certainly be ee keepering my sleep spell for something else ;)

You don't get to repack spells, no. What would you replace Sleep with, though? There aren't more than 5 spells at that level that scale into the late game or anything.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    MM, Chromatic Orb, Identify, Shield, Spook or Charm Person. Identify can be compensated with the glasses but that's another inventory slot gone, esp. if you solo.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @Skaffen: Why Shield? I understand it if you solo, otherwise not. (For me, there are always more slots than really necessary spells at any level. Some levels, like 2 and 4, don't have that many really useful spells in the first place...)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Like ryuken87, I make sure to pick spells I'm sure I won't regret. Or if I've run out of spells I actually want for the level I take whatever seems useful that I don't have covered with one of the party mages.
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295

@Skaffen: Why Shield? I understand it if you solo, otherwise not. (For me, there are always more slots than really necessary spells at any level. Some levels, like 2 and 4, don't have that many really useful spells in the first place...)

Agreed. It's why I've never had much of a problem with the sorceror's spell limitations; anything I'm only going to use rarely, I have a secondary mage for. My sorceror is my main mage and will use the few spells at each level that are truly important. No level has more than 5 absolutely critical spells for a non-solo run, I've found.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited December 2013
    @xzar_monty I consider it the best early defensive spell since it also protects against MM which can hurt quite a bit in the early game. But you are right, it's mostly for soloing though I also took it for my evil group run.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Shields a good choice :)