Skip to content

ranger wears robes mod?

Muz1234Muz1234 Member Posts: 12
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
is there a mod where ranger or fighter wears robes? shooting arrows, with cloak, instead of armor?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Not as far as I know, but the robes can easily be manually edited to allow other classes to wear them.
  • Muz1234Muz1234 Member Posts: 12
    how do i edit it?
    edited January 2014
    Use Near Infinity or DLTCEP (check the tools section of this thread for links) - I'd recommend starting with Near Infinity as it's a bit more intuitive and user friendly.

Anyway, do a search for robes, and open the files for the robes you want to edit. Classes are prohibited from using items by way of an "unusable" flag, as you will see when you look at the item. For instance the mage robes will be flagged as unusable by all classes that aren't mages. Remove this flag for the classes you want able to wear the robe, and then save the item.

Edit: Keep in mind though, that this change won't make your character look like he's wearing robes. To get that effect you need to alter the animation, which you can do with or without actually equipping robes. It also takes a lot less work.
  • Muz1234Muz1234 Member Posts: 12
    hey, it works, thanks a lot man, now i look like aragorn from lord of the rings, haha. the avatar changed when i wear it, prolly cause i downloaded bg2 tweak mod from gibberlings (Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor).
    Ah, right, that would do it. Glad you got it to work.