Skip to content

An Odd Question On Dual-Classing Mechanics

Ok, so I pretty much know the rules to and for Dual-Classing, BUT... can you Triple Duel Class? I mean, I know you can Dual-Class into any of the Double Multi-Classes that Non-Humans enjoy, such as the Fighter/Mage, Fighter/Cleric, Fighter/Thief, ect, ect... combos, but how's about the Fighter/Mage/Thief combo? Can you do that with a Human's Dual Classing ability? Just an odd question I had thought of and now want answered. Thanks for any help, and goodbye for now.

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Not that I know of. You'd have to multiclass.
  • deathgeonousdeathgeonous Member Posts: 64
    Too bad. It could mathematically work, but in all honesty, I was just curious.
  • HandofTyrHandofTyr Member Posts: 106
    You can by the pen and paper, given the stats and that it's a valid multiclass. I think people have requested this before but the limitations of the engine make it pretty much impossible or something like that.
    Ok, that does make sense. It sucks, but it does makes sense. Another Dual-Classing question then. I am under the ASSUMPTION that you can only use a Class Kit on the FIRST Class in a Dual-Class. Is that true or not, cause, you know what they say when you assume.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Correct, you may only dual into a pure class kit, kEEper notwithstanding.
    Ah, thought so. Thanks.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited January 2014
    Keep in mind, with EE keeper you can do things like dual into a kit with a little tinkering, but its hard-coded for all characters to have only one kit. It's not possible to have a kensai/conjurer, for example, even with mods or cheats.

But between the BG 2 tweak pack and EE keeper, its possible to remove all racial restrictions on classes, so dwarf paladins and such is possible as well as dual classes for races. Also possible is kits within a multiclass.

I just discovered this neat mod and have been tinkering with all sorts of different variations that I wasn't able to before.

But really, vanilla allows for more than enough variation. Most of the time it's best to keep it simple I find.