Skip to content

BG:EE Questions

So I am back from a long hiatus (years) from the Baldurs Gate universe and wanted to get back into it. Searching online brought me here and I have been reading the forums and such for the last little bit and just have a couple questions.

From what I understand the two EE versions are seperate games and have not been joined like original versions with BGT. Does this mean that if I wished to use a modded kit I would need to install it twice (once for each)? And if so, are all kit mods and such usable in both BG:EE and BG2:EE?

Also from what I read, it seems many of the old mods that have been made for the original BG and BGT are not compatible with BG:EE. Is this correct?

I would really like to support the people making the Enhanced Editions, but I feel like there are so many good and fun mods I remember playing with long ago that I can't find anything like in the modding sub-forums. Would you suggest that I simply transition over to EE and get used to the mods that are available, or stick with my old BGT install?

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    Hello, Pheosics. Welcome to the forum! To my knowledge, the two games are indeed separate when you install them, so any modifications would have to be applied to both rather than through a single installation. While many of the existing mods are not yet available for BG:EE, I would personally recommend sticking with it regardless. Many of the long-time modders are converting their content now (including major releases such as the BG1 NPC Project), and new content is being generated all the time.