Skip to content

#6941BG [CORE] - Luck Removes Weapon Proficiencies - Permanently

syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Wizard Spell Luck removes Weapon Proficiencies

This is in unmodded BG:EE v1.20 under Mac OS X.9.
This persisted after I deleted the game and all main files (except save files) and installed from scratch without any mods.

The proficiencies are either lost when you change weapon in the character screen or, if you do nothing, when the luck spell ends.

Attached:
1) Screen shot - you can see that luck is active on Char Portrait and that Beneath "Weapon Proficiencies" is empty space.
2) Save game of a sorcerer with Luck memorized and holding two weapons he's proficient with for testing. (The bug is not unique to this character however.)

Also noteworthy: when I was playing around with EEkeeper previously adding effects I noticed that any effects that did not have an associated resource (e.g. an AC bonus without Resource 3 listed as SPCS441) would me removed when the luck spell ended.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It's a known bug and on the bug tracker list.
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    edited January 2014
    Oh, sorry.
    Perhaps I'm reading the wrong list.
    I searched for keyword "luck" before posting this.
    @decado Would you be so kind as to point me to the right place so I don't duplicate in the future?

I was going of the list in this Thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13071/read-before-posting-list-of-known-bugs-and-issues/p1

Thanks!
    Edit: Also, is there a workaround? I really like that spell! :)
    It's really not your fault as the search feature on this forum is worse than useless. You can see on this topic detailing the next beta patch that this issue should be resolved when it is released;

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27150/beta-update-12-9-2013/p1

I find using googles advanced search much better to search for topics on the forum;

http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_search?hl=en
    Well found.

If you scroll down a few posts there is an override workaround posted by @Dee.
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    edited January 2014
    @decado
    I've actually just been going to the nominal "list of known issues" and then searching that page with 'control-F' function in browser. (This is actually recommended on the page.) I was surprised at how few bugs were listed on the page -- I guess it's not being kept up?

@prophet1
    Thanks a lot.
    I think I'm just going to wait a few months and come back to see if the game's a bit more stable (and SCS is still compatible).
    As is I at least felt helpful in reporting bugs (got a list of them to add), but if I can't even tell what bug reports are redundant it's really not worth it to play through the game as is. :/
    In the future hopefully! :)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited January 2014
    @decado: The list is being kept up. The problem, of course, is there's something like 2 mods and a few more people looking through these threads and trying to confirm all of the bugs the entire community is posting.

This is A LOT of work, and all of us have "day jobs" so to speak. :) There's just no way we can confirm and keep up with every bug you guys are posting. Even if we could, there's no way the developers could keep up with fixing everything being confirmed.

What you see in the list of known issues at the top of this thread are those issues:

* we have confirmation on
    * we've filed a bug report on in the master bug report section
    * and we've confirmed ourselves are reproducible.

In other words, for a bug to make it onto that list, it's got to have been confirmed independently from the community, a proper repo case has been written for it with a saved game attached, and the entire thing has been filed in yet another system.

This is the reason for the begging requests that bug reports be filed in a certain way with specific requirements (like saved games and repo steps attached). The more of these kinds of requests we get in, the more bugs we can verify and get posted into the confirmed list.

Note that if you see a bug in the confirmed list you can be certain that that bug is SOMEWHERE On the dev's radar. If you do NOT see a bug in the confirmed list, there's a hit and miss chance that anyone actually fixing these things even KNOWS it exists. We're not the only ones filing bugs...but if it's not going through this process the bugs are ones being found while the developers are writing code and doing their own testing...in other words, community bug reports are ALL going through this request / verify / file process (or should be!) and all of them should end up in the consolidated list.

If you're seeing other bugs being posted as being fixed and in the next patch, please let me know where you're getting that info (I don't get much of a chance to read the entire set of forums) so I can make sure those bug reports are getting linked into the consoldated lists.

Edit: In this case it looks like this is a bug affecting BG:EE (and reported in and tracked in BG:EE) that was not cross referenced to BG2:EE...thus it never made it to the consolidated list.

I'll tag and report this one here.