Skip to content

Cleric for a party with all new characters?

I was thinking of making a party with all the new NPCs: Neera, Hexxat, Dorn and Rassaad.

1) are all four compatible?
2) which romance is the most interesting of the three possibilities?
3) Is there a healer NPC (preferably cleric) that will go with this bunch without conflicts or has it got to be me? Maybe some druid instead?

Comments

• PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    MacHurto said:

I was thinking of making a party with all the new NPCs: Neera, Hexxat, Dorn and Rassaad.

1) are all four compatible?
    2) which romance is the most interesting of the three possibilities?
    3) Is there a healer NPC (preferably cleric) that will go with this bunch without conflicts or has it got to be me? Maybe some druid instead?

If you want to use all the main characters, you'll also need to include
    Wilson as well. I've never used him so I can't say much about him I'm afraid, that I will have to leave for others.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    1. All four of those NPC's will work together (...I think. It really does seem like Rasaad should protest Dorn's quests, though: maybe he will, but won't conflict normally.) The secret NPC works with everyone, of course.
    2. None of the four romances are as well-written as the original romances to be honest, and all four are shorter then the original romances. So really, just choose whomever you find most interesting of them, and go with that one. You're not going to find anything groundbreaking- I think they only have two talks for all of TOB, even.
    3. Anomen conflicts with Dorn (and maybe Hexxat?), Aerie conflicts with Hexxat (and I think she'll leave during Dorn's quest), Viconia conflicts with Rasaad. Jaheria argues with Hexxat, but I think they'll work together. Cernd seems to get along with everyone. Hurray for Cernd, I guess.
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    edited January 2014
    1) Whilst the new NPCs can all be in the same party, I would have a hard time justifying including Rasaad with Dorn and Hexxat. From a role-playing perspective, it just does not make sense to have a Sun Soul Monk hanging out with a Blackguard and a
    vampire

2) I can only comment on the Neera romance (and I'm still not finished even the SoA stage), but I've enjoyed it well enough. I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops further after I escape from the Underdark. It's definitely less annoying than the Aerie romance, but not as nuanced as the Viconia or Jaheira romances.

3) I think Jaheira and Cernd should be fine with all the new NPCs. Perhaps Viconia is as well (I would assume that she would be incompatible with Rasaad, but they strangely weren't in BGEE, so perhaps they are not in BG2EE as well).
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited January 2014
    Thanks a lot, guys! I think I will just try a Cleric/Mage multiclass and see how that goes. That way I can get all 5 new NPCs. The extra one has dialogs too or doesn't as he does not speak common?
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    MacHurto said:

Thanks a lot, guys! I think I will just try a Cleric/Mage multiclass and see how that goes. That way I can get all 5 new NPCs. The extra one has dialogs too or doesn't as he does not speak common?

He has dialogue, what he's saying is up to you :), your party members start out almost questioning your sanity at least in my playthrough, and he has some interesting options for the asylum commital...

The bonus NPC is like running a Kensai/monk but he can't use anything but healing potions so you will need some serious buffs on him to make him survivable but he hits like a truck.

As for why Rasaad works with the evil ones:

Rasaad is kinda a fallen sun soul in bg2 who becomes disenchanted with the establishment (basically lawful stupidness) and you can actually talk him into basically founding a new order of more neutral monks.