Skip to content

Bought BG2EE Mac version as gift, but it isn't showing in my Giftable Games.

I purchased BG2EE for the Mac as a gift for a friend and while my bank shows that the purchase was subtracted, I can't find it in my Giftable Games. I got the confirmation email for it and the Windows version I got for myself. The windows version is showing up in My Games with no trouble.

When I tried to purchase the game as a gift the first time I got an error message, but it seems to have gone through anyway in that it has taken my money.

I sent a ticket to beamdog support, but I'd like to get this sorted ASAP.

Alternatively, if I just had her use my email and password to install the mac version, would we still be able to play multiplayer together?

Comments

• SerenityFrostSerenityFrost Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
    I'm not expecting instant assistance, but it has been 13 hours since I made mention of this problem. How long does it normally take for this sort of thing to get resolved?

I don't want to be a pain, but I have been billed for the mac version of the game which I can't install for myself nor, as if right now, give to the person I'd purchased it for in the first place.

My ticket is still open and my post in the support section of beamdog's forums is unreplied to. I would at least like to know my situation has been noticed, even if a solution hasn't been worked out yet. I understand that with the holidays you may be dealing with a backlog of people with a similar problem.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    Beamdog is taking a well-deserved break but I'm sure @Dee will help you out soon: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27829/closed-for-the-holidays
  • SerenityFrostSerenityFrost Member Posts: 8
    Ah! I didn't notice that topic. I have some bad timing then. At least I know what's going on. Thanks!