Skip to content

Who we should to pick pocekt in BG2 ?- Spoiler for thief

I'm start this because i wan't to create a list of person who can't be forgotten to pick pocket and i ask you to write your ideas! i don't say what you can get, go try yourself
my list:
Ribald
Taquee- Trademeet
Treya - Trademeet Raasad Quest (only one chance!!)
Terminsel- Jaheira quest (only 2 chances)(he has 4 items- you most be quick)
Weapon merchant - Black pits/Nera Quest TOB
Amnish soldier - sometimes has a spell level 7-8 but small chance

Comments

• EndeavourEndeavour Member Posts: 27
    "Terminsel- Jaheira quest (only 2 chances)(he has 4 items- you most be quick)"

He has 8 items. He has 4 types of them, which means you can (at least I could) pickpocket 8 items from him, 4 items in each encounters with him. Robe of protection+2, ring of prot+2, necklace of prot+1 and one more item which I don't remember. This worked for me. Tactic:

I slept near the gate in Trademeet. Exactly in front of the city wall. Rest. Terminsel spawns between characters and can't escape. Drinkk hastily 2 potions of thieving mastery and gloves of pickpocket on, 4 quick pickpocket attempts between pausing (all succesful, it was with sth like 160-200 pickpocket skill). Exact tactic when he should spawn again. Speed is neccessary, because he can't escape going to unexplored area, but in few seconds he dissapears anyway.

I know it's very bad, because he helps you, but hey... He must be a rich guy...
    DaveTheBrave
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    i use hexxat with boots of speed and spell of speed- tripul move speed i like to call it "warp Speed";)
    Post edited by Dzuk5 on
    edited December 2013
    no one has other ideas for names?
  • LathraelLathrael Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    The djinn that is in front of the tent at Trademeet. He carries flask of djinn summoning.

Edit: Sorry, already included. Didn't know that his name was Taquee.
  • ItstucktwiceItstucktwice Member Posts: 182
    edited December 2013
    Valygar's ancestor in the planar sphere. I can't remember his name but before you start the fight you can pickpocket a second Ring of Acuity off of him and then loot the normal one off his corpse. (Unless this was fixed in EE)
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail
    Kurumi said:

K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail

yes that good names i forget abaut them but i rember kangaxx in bg2ee can't be pick pocket :/ i try with 160% on lich ( i don't try on demolich meby he has).

new name if want to play imoen as your only thief and don't choose bodhie quest to destroy the shadow thiefs
    Shadow thief in the same location with aran linvail he has ring 25% to open chest. (x=3763 y=1228 ar0307)
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    You can pickpocket the dragon head from Draconis before he turns hostile (fake talk works here). You can then enter the cave without fighting him.
    Eudaemonium
    bbear said:

You can pickpocket the dragon head from Draconis before he turns hostile (fake talk works here). You can then enter the cave without fighting him.

i don't now that!! it is soo "bug"-i coool :D i must try it;)

• bman86bman86 Member Posts: 115
    Kurumi said:

K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail

Definitely some of these. The prince has the wave blade... either you side with the mad king, help the prince but pick pocket him, or kill king AND prince. If you just help the prince out as feels natural, no wave blade :( I acutally didn't feel too bad about that since he's a bit of a jackass
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    Ohh, that's where the wave blade is. I've never built it because I was always missing that piece.
  • althoralthor Member Posts: 67
    edited December 2013
    You can also pickpocket the captain in the *Delosar Inn Bridge section. He has the boomrang dagger +2. You can kill him of course, but if you plan to do the greater wish adventure later in the game, you don't want to kill him.

In EE I wasn't able to get duplicates of anything. If I pickpocketed an item, it didn't load on their corpse.
    Abel
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    Dzuk5 said:

Kurumi said:

K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail

yes that good names i forget abaut them but i rember kangaxx in bg2ee can't be pick pocket :/ i try with 160% on lich ( i don't try on demolich meby he has).

new name if want to play imoen as your only thief and don't choose bodhie quest to destroy the shadow thiefs
    Shadow thief in the same location with aran linvail he has ring 25% to open chest. (x=3763 y=1228 ar0307)
    I checked Kangaxx .cre file and the ring was moved from the Left ring to the Armor slot, which cannot be pickpocketed (see below minima scores for each slot, 0 meaning impossibility):
    AMULET 80
    ARMOUR 0
    BELT 80
    BOOTS 0
    CLOAK 80
    GAUNTLETS 80
    HELMET 0
    RING_LEFT 60
    RING_RIGHT 60
    SHIELD 0
    FIST 0
    AMMO1 50
    AMMO2 50
    AMMO3 50
    AMMO4 50
    MISC1 50
    MISC2 50
    MISC3 50
    INV1 10
    INV2 10
    INV3 10
    INV4 10
    INV5 10
    INV6 10
    INV7 10
    INV8 10
    INV9 10
    INV10 10
    INV11 10
    INV12 10
    INV13 10
    INV14 10
    INV15 10
    INV16 10
    SUMMONED 0
    WEAPON1 95
    WEAPON2 95
    WEAPON3 95
    WEAPON4 95

Also, if possessed items are flagged as unstealable, you won't be able to get them even if they're on stealable slots (ex. Degard and its Ring of Protection +2).
    I checked Lavok files. They are actually two .cre files for him and the Ring of Acuity on each is stealable. So, if both creatures are still used it should still be possible to get two rings in BG2EE.
    nanolelag200
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    It seems the Deck of Many Things is also now unstealable.
    Abel
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I managed to pickpocket the Ring of Acuity from Lavok in the Planar sphere, but was disappointed when he didn't drop another when he was outside.

Ditto with Tolgerias and his Ring of the Ram. I pickpocketed the ring when he was in the Council building and he did not drop a second when fought in the Planar Sphere.

Along with the now unpickpocketable Ring of Gaxx it looks like a number of my favorite duplicate items have been clamped down on.
    Abeljackjack
    I myself liked these exploits. But since they're unintended behaviors, I guess it makes sense they'd be fixed.
    They're still plenty though and as pickpocket goes or rather shoplifting you still can sell and steal the same items to fencers for infinite money. Way cheesier in my opinion, but not so easy to fix!
  • JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    In Neera's ToB questline:

Molzahn of Tymora: Rod of Resurrection
    Weapon Merchant: Ring of Fire Control
    Double Ring of Gaxx was the ultimate in cheese though. Stackable AC bonuses plus double regen.
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    I'm almost sorry to say this, but I agree with the decision not to let you get two copies when there's only supposed to be one. As decado says, it's just too cheesy with some of them.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    bman86 said:

Kurumi said:

K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail

Can you really pickpocket Aran Linvail if you side with Shadow Thieves? I seem to either fail or get a message that he has no items.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Aramintai said:

bman86 said:

Kurumi said:

K.. some more..

Tolgerias
    Prince Villynaty
    Kangaxx
    Aran Linvail

Can you really pickpocket Aran Linvail if you side with Shadow Thieves? I seem to either fail or get a message that he has no items.
    pickpocket skill too low, apparently BG2:EE changed some things, some characters/items need a pickpocket value of at least an % to have a chance of pickpocket the item, at least this is what i deduced from my gameplays.
    @Aramintai If you sided with the Thieves, you should be able to PP Aran, but you won't get great items (see Aran.cre in Near Infinity).
  • XcidiumXcidium Member Posts: 22
    decado said:

Double Ring of Gaxx was the ultimate in cheese.

Sorry, but IMHO being able
    to steal and re-steal from fences

is the thrice-aged-in-Minsc's-sweaty-socks Gorgonzola-Blue Vein love-child of cheeses.

Abelbillygreatlelag200
    Xcidium said:

decado said:

Double Ring of Gaxx was the ultimate in cheese.

Sorry, but IMHO being able
    to steal and re-steal from fences

is the thrice-aged-in-Minsc's-sweaty-socks Gorgonzola-Blue Vein love-child of cheeses.

Touche. I have to agree.

• billygreatbillygreat Member Posts: 66
    Corvino said:

I managed to pickpocket the Ring of Acuity from Lavok in the Planar sphere, but was disappointed when he didn't drop another when he was outside.

Ditto with Tolgerias and his Ring of the Ram. I pickpocketed the ring when he was in the Council building and he did not drop a second when fought in the Planar Sphere.

Along with the now unpickpocketable Ring of Gaxx it looks like a number of my favorite duplicate items have been clamped down on.

I was able to get 2 rings of Acuity, but you must pickpocket the first one before the battle with his necromancer entity.Keep the party out of view, send stealthed thief near Lavok to pickpocket. Check to see if you pickpocketed the ring of Acuity or other random item ( jewel or scroll), cuz you have the chance to steal only 1 item before he turn hostile.
    Second ring can be pickpocketed from Lavok while he is on the ground or looted from the corpse ouside planar sphere.

AFAIK this is the only double item you can get ingame beside Elminster 4 items (in 2 encounters with JAheira Harpers quest).
    CorvinoAbelDzuk5
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704

Corvino said:

I was able to get 2 rings of Acuity, but you must pickpocket the first one before the battle with his necromancer entity.Keep the party out of view, send stealthed thief near Lavok to pickpocket. Check to see if you pickpocketed the ring of Acuity or other random item ( jewel or scroll), cuz you have the chance to steal only 1 item before he turn hostile.
    Second ring can be pickpocketed from Lavok while he is on the ground or looted from the corpse ouside planar sphere.

AFAIK this is the only double item you can get ingame beside Elminster 4 items (in 2 encounters with JAheira Harpers quest).

Just fake talk him to make the pickpocket.
    AbelDzuk5
  • ajisgod321ajisgod321 Member Posts: 58
    I used to exploit the selling and stealing of Wands straight out of château however after playing this game since 1998 it's more about challenges and fun
    Dzuk5
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    Ribald in the adventurers mart.
    You can pickpocket a ring of regeneration and some mediocre loot from him.

Pretty nice ring to have, especially for in between travels, and certainly since you can easily steal it so early in the game.