Skip to content

Trapped in Illithid Layer? Bug? (spoiler)

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2013
    IIRC you should gain the ability to transform into the slayer form at will only at a certain point of SoA.
    I don't remember which is that point in the game, but if you've already passed it probably it's a bug, and you should report it in the BGII:EE Bugs Area...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    IIRC you need to dominate illithids with the collars from the machine. The doors are only openable by them. I killed them all accidentally but managed to fix it by spawning more through the console to dominate. @thespace
    [Deleted User]Corvino
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    The Slayer thing is a known bug.

@FinneousPJ The easternmost room has a respawning mindflayer so you don't need the console.
    nanojackjack[Deleted User]
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @ruyken87 It only respawned once for me and I killed it. It didn't respawn again. Could be a bug.
    @FinneousPJ, @thespace:

There is a room in S/E part of the Illithid Lair where Mind Flayers always spawn.
    If you go there you should be able to dominate one of them either with a collar or with the Staff of Domination that you find in that lair. :)

EDIT: Try to rest in that room, then go to another room and return in the spawning one: it should appear a new illithid.

EDIT2: Try this:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("Spawnill","AR2400",0)

or spawn directly a Mind Flayer with this:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("UDMIND01")

you can use these codes also:

UDMIND02, 03, 04, 10, or UDILL01.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Metalloman
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @thespace: CLUAConsole is an in-game related console, so codes works regardless of which platform the game is running on.
    here is a short Mac FAQ with all the info you need to enable the debug mode in BGEE and to use codes in game. :)
    [Deleted User]