Skip to content

Neera raped me.....

ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
edited January 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
This feels like a bit of an oversight. Anyway, I have Neera's romance active, although truly I only wanted to see hers, my current character is actually with Jaheira. Anyway, I get to the moment she asks to sleep with you, and at that point I decided to just decline the offer and continue on. I've seen enough, and honestly I don't think I will make a character to actually romance her. It felt too simple with not enough depth. However, I later awoke from a rest when she initiated dialogue to speak about "what we did last night".

Did you..... rape me, Neera? I swear I had no part in this! I declined the offer, remember? Sure I did it in the last dialogue before it happened, but I feel it should have been done with. At least this will not be an Aerie moment where she is suddenly pregnant or this would be hard to ignore, but when we have the option to call it off it should be called off. Not that I think many people would considering at that point you would normally be intent on going with her, but some people may do that. Of course this is very easy to write out in my head as I did having a romance with her in the first place. I was just curious to see what it offers, and I have seen it now. I will make sure to change her variable to 3 before the end of TOB at least so I don't get that ending. It still feels like an oversight though that my dialogue had no effect on the outcome.
Post edited by Jalily on
booinyoureyesSpaceInvaderQuartzMrpenfold666CrevsDaak

Comments

• Durlag_ThunderaxeDurlag_Thunderaxe Member Posts: 71
    Them elves. Can't trust em'
    syllogbooinyoureyesjackjack[Deleted User]
  • syllogsyllog Member Posts: 158
    edited January 2014
    Awong124 said:

Them elves. Can't trust em'

Half-elf.
    Can't trust 'em half as much!
    [Deleted User]booinyoureyesCrevsDaak
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    I do not count that as a rape imagine a very hot girl(I am 99.9% sure she is) with little to no clothes and now imagine a 20 something horny male trying to refuse such a girl I know I can not and I will not until I find the one.
    Now more in Neera's defense you did lead her on by flirting with her and she might have thought that the bhaalspawn is shy and she tried to be more forceful.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    Heindrich1988 - rape joke that gets me banhammer'd stupidity test 20
    Heindrich1988 - saved.

Movin' on...
    booinyoureyesAntagonistCrevsDaak
  • OnestepOnestep Member Posts: 225
    edited January 2014
    I hope this was a programming oversight or bug.
    Post edited by Onestep on
    Shikao
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Believe it or not, there are times when a man genuinely does not want to have sex. Maybe he's too tired, not in the mood, irritated, has other things on his mind (like his soul getting stolen from a mad wizard), or maybe he just doesn't like said man or woman enough to do so. So when he says "No, Neera, I don't like you like that," it's a pretty solid bet that he means what he says.

But I digress.

This sounds like a dialogue bug or a mistake on the program's part. Especially something as intimate or significant as a sex-scene, I can't imagine that there'd be no way to turn her down without some kind of repercussion.
    booinyoureyes[Deleted User]CrevsDaakRaistlin82
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    I just had a quick look with InfExp; it doesn't seem like any variables are changed if you turn her down politely, at least not through her dialogue. Unless you take the option that forces her to leave the party, it looks the romance will continue as if you did sleep together.
    jackjack
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    This can't lead anywhere productive, I fear.
    booinyoureyeselminsterSmilge
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2014
    well I got that mourning after love talk with neera immediately after sleeping with the dark elf in the under dark befor she even asked if I slept with her so I just assumed I got a threesome
    booinyoureyesAcridSyphilislolien
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Wtf, isn't this a bug report?
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    meagloth said:

Wtf, isn't this a bug report?

idk if I could call it a bug. kind of just an experience I had where I made a decision with no account for it. guess it would be a bug if it was supposed to change

Heindrich1988 - rape joke that gets me banhammer'd stupidity test 20
    Heindrich1988 - saved.

Movin' on...

hmmmm... could this be within the PG 13 rule, @Dee? just thought I would jokingly bring up a point, but I could change it if I need to, or the topic could be closed. just thought this was something that could be worked on, like Aerie and Jaheira you could also refuse and have a romance. the option was there for Neera, but it did nothing.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    @adormitul that is a very crass joke in very, very, very poor taste. I doubt you meant it in a serious way (I hope not!). You shouldn't be crucified for it, but still, it was disrespectful even as a sarcastic comment.

Onwards!

Believe it or not, there are times when a man genuinely does not want to have sex. .

I'll take your word for it
    jackjackHeindrich
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @childofbhaal599 I don't think heindrich's line was referring to you, but the poster before him who made the "its not rape" joke.
    Heindrichjackjack
    edited January 2014

@childofbhaal599 I don't think heindrich's line was referring to you, but the poster before him who made the "its not rape" joke.

oh lol still I guess it is right of me to ask. I like it here and I don't want them to have a problem with me lol :)
    booinyoureyes
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    element said:

well I got that mourning after love talk with neera immediately after sleeping with the dark elf in the under dark befor she even asked if I slept with her so I just assumed I got a threesome

It was the old polymorph self ploy.
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    element said:

the EE NPCs are ok with you doing that? I guess Viconia was but I would expect the EE ones to get mad
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    This is definitely a bug. She's supposed to skip the after-sex talk if you turn her down.

@ChildofBhaal599, do you have a save from shortly before she asks to sleep with you? It would be really helpful for testing.
    Nonnahswriter[Deleted User]
    edited January 2014
    Jalily said:

This is definitely a bug. She's supposed to skip the after-sex talk if you turn her down.

@ChildofBhaal599, do you have a save from shortly before she asks to sleep with you? It would be really helpful for testing.

oh wow lol let me see it has been a little while so I can't say I remember totally for sure. it's been a while for sure before I thought of sharing this

so anyway, I edited some saves that I knew were before the whole thing. edit 0001 is where she brings it up again and I told her to call it off. edit 0002 I called it off in 0001 and she still gives me the dialogue. I actually fooled around a bit with the options. unfortunately I realized that doing the call it off answer does no better because she leaves you in anger that you can't be together (thinks to the overly attached girlfriend post) and I also had fun upsetting her after. that whole section is pretty much have her leave or doing the deed lol. it would be nice to have it fixed so people could at least have the option. i mean, the save that it happens is less than a month in, seems a little soon.

oh and don't judge me on the numbering of the saves :)

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    What changes did you make to the saves?
    Jalily said:

What changes did you make to the saves?

they were edited to speed up the lovetalks to the point where she would say them. I could not find the actual sleeping or confirming points so I took the save just after the first talk of sex. No other changes were made other than setting lovetalk to 1
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643

Believe it or not, there are times when a man genuinely does not want to have sex. Maybe he's too tired, not in the mood, irritated, has other things on his mind (like his soul getting stolen from a mad wizard), or maybe he just doesn't like said man or woman enough to do so. So when he says "No, Neera, I don't like you like that," it's a pretty solid bet that he means what he says.

Then Neera would be like trying to stuff a marshmallow into a piggy bank.
    Fredjo
  • adormituladormitul Member Posts: 63
    edited January 2014
    egon
    egon said:

adormitul said:

I do not count that as a rape imagine a very hot girl(I am 99.9% sure she is) with little to no clothes and now imagine a 20 something horny male trying to refuse such a girl I know I can not and I will not until I find the one.
    Now more in Neera's defense you did lead her on by flirting with her and she might have thought that the bhaalspawn is shy and she tried to be more forceful.

Just to show you how stupid that is, try saying the same thing but reversing the genders (use Keeper to give you a couple of Sex-change belts if you have a hard time imagineing). Here, I'll do it for you (bad grammar and spelling mistakes are all yours):

"I do not count that as a rape imagine a very hot guy(I am 99.9% sure he is) with little to no clothes and now imagine a 20 something horny female trying to refuse such a guy I know I can not and I will not until I find the one.
    Now more in [male] Neera's defense you did lead him on by flirting with him and he might have thought that the bhaalspawn is shy and he tried to be more forceful. "

You disgust me.

Really is the blaalspawn a girl? he is man who can ripe her to shreads and for a female the same thing. And if you will be a good looking and charismatic guy you have a good chance that this kind of things will happen to you. And if you wanna know something there are way way, way, way, way ,way ,way ,way more rapes made by men to women then the other way around and way more then adult women rape to adult men. It is not the same standard, men are not having the same problems with rape from the opsite gender like women and you know I am right about that.

You are not very smart it seems.