Skip to content

tamoko

How to you get to spare her I have tried everything and still can't manage it

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    I am pretty sure u can't. I guess u can try to use invisibility/stealth for the entire party and see if u can sneak past her.

But I am pretty sure u can't talk her outta a fight.

Which is kinda annoying... not sure if Bioware were deliberately playing up the 'unbreakable samurai spirit' and 'honour into death' with what is obviously a Japanese inspired character.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    There are some variables involved before you get to her, I think. Either something with murdering the Iron Throne Leaders, or what you said to her in east/south west BG.

Might even be plain old reaction modifiers.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You can indeed talk her out of a fight, but like @Bigfish says it's modifier-based, i.e. your charisma/reputation has to be high enough. If they are, you can talk her out of fighting by going with the non-aggressive options culminating in something along the lines of that if she's ready to throw her life away that easily, she's already dead. If you fail the check, she'll feel words of peace sound hollow coming from someone like you.

Afaik you don't have to do her "quest" or promise her you'll try to spare Sarevok first, but not all sure as I always did this.
    Heindrich[Deleted User]
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Shin
    Oh, thanks! I had no idea! I tried pretty damned hard to spare her, and she still insisted on fighting, so I assumed it was unavoidable.

I was playing blind by that stage in the game, so I guess I might've missed something.
    Shin
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Yeah, max Charisma, max Reputation and she leaves every time. I was actually surprised when I first took a low rep/low charisma character through and she didn't back down.
    Shikao
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I actually managed to do this in my wizard slayer run-through #Proud I think I had like 20 rep though and 17 charisma on my Wizard Slayer.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Pantalion said:

Yeah, max Charisma, max Reputation and she leaves every time. I was actually surprised when I first took a low rep/low charisma character through and she didn't back down.

maybe it was because she was listening to Tom Petty's song " I wont back down" and she got pumped from the song and she didn't back down :)

• NeonfiskNeonfisk Member Posts: 75
    I had a playthrough were I did all the Flaming Fist HQ stuff before talking to her at Sorcerous Sundries (were she tells you to meet her at the FF HQ). Since I had done all the FF stuff I never returned to that part of the city again, so I never talked to her again.
    I never saw her again, not even in the Undercity, so I guess you can cheese your way out of killing her.

(I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, so maybe something else caused it)
    mjs
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    Neonfisk said:

I had a playthrough were I did all the Flaming Fist HQ stuff before talking to her at Sorcerous Sundries (were she tells you to meet her at the FF HQ). Since I had done all the FF stuff I never returned to that part of the city again, so I never talked to her again.
    I never saw her again, not even in the Undercity, so I guess you can cheese your way out of killing her.

(I haven't tried to reproduce this yet, so maybe something else caused it)

It is a funny thing about Tamoko; I've read enough I knew who she was, but after 15 years, I talked to her for the first time ever last year when playing EE for the first time. I had always been in the habit of going straight to FF headquarters on my return, so I just never ran into her.
    Now I know, for story reasons, its better to stop by Sorcerous Sundries first.
    Neonfisk