Skip to content

'Bug or Issue'-issue: Journal Entries based on Copied Notes

PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After copying a letter to the journal, the 'original letter' is equal to the journal entry.
Even when the entry has been edited...

I found this out by copying the Tanner's letter to my journal to allow for easy editing in search of the correct name...
I changed so much in this entry and made a mistake (in stead of talking to said accomplice, guessing and quick loading until I got the name correct) that I had to resort to the original letter. Then I found out the original letter was completely equal to my distorted Journal Entry.

Expected Behaviour:
After copying a letter to the journal, the original letter remains unchanged.
(I am not a modder, but I suspect this to be a dialogue.tlk issue with two in-game constants having the same .tlk link...).

Comments

• PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    Deleting the Journal Entry reverts the letter to the original, allowing it to be copied and edited again.
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    It seems odd to me that the copied letters can be edited at all. An easy fix (at least I would expect it to be easy) would be to just disallow editing of the entries for copied documents. If one needs to make notes on a document they can always create a new journal entry and make their notes/changes there.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Icky, yea that sucks.

Can you pop a saved game up? I don't have one with a letter in inventory or journal entry from a letter, so any saved game you could pop up would be good.

@Illydth in the reply so I can get back here and get a bug reported for this.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    @Illydth: here's a saved game. The letter at hand is the Tanner's Letter, in the inventory of Phyrax (player slot 1) and in the custom journal entries.