Skip to content

About 2,5 Edition Rules

NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
I played BG when there was no 3rd Edition and S&M, S&P was new. We didn't include them in our games because they were for extreme power play. After seeing how Rasaad became on lvl 20 I started BG all over and made a Monk. I finished BG2:TOB as Paladin, Priest, Mage before.
I understand the developers want to add the powerful classes to the game but they should be nerfed to make a more balanced game.
In my current party I have
Myself Monk
Rasaad
Dorn
Edvin
Nadia
Viconia.
I never seen a dragon go down in 2 rounds before ^^
doing 1d20 x 4 attacks per round is a lot :)

Note about Player Monk:
As a monk some of the Good Tears of Bhall don't have any effect on monks:
Such as:
Gain immunity to +1 or lower weapons
Gain +10% to your magic resistance.

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    If it makes you feel better, Monks were around in original AD&D, as in 1st edition. They were only removed in 2nd edition, and reappear in 3rd ed. I don't recall their exact abilities, as I never played 1st Ed, just remember some stuff from a copy of the player's handbook I got cheap as a kid, even though 2nd ed was what we played. The abilities seem about right from my vague recollections, though. If you think those were overpowered, think about how seriously overpowered Psionics were in 2nd Ed.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    2nd edition isn't balanced around level 40.
    Actually, none of the editions are.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    I haven't tried Monk, as it it doesn't appeal that much to me. But I though fighter type, esp if synergized with other class buffs could potentially do more damage? Some of the worth-noting are Kai, DuHM, Improved Haste.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Seeing as you can't Improved Haste them and you can't get your damage resistance partiularly high, I don't consider them that strong at all.
  • karnagekarnage Member Posts: 92
    ajwz said:

2nd edition isn't balanced around level 40.
    Actually, none of the editions are.

If you play 2nd edition without the sourcebooks, there is no such thing as level 40. Leveling beyond this were "optional rules" presented by the sourcebooks (The Complete fighter's handbook, the complete wizard's handbook, and so on). According the the 2d player's manual and DMG, leveling stopped at 20.