Skip to content

Jaheira's quest, Dermin won't show up (Possible SPOILERS)

I've been doing Jaheira's quest up until after she's left the party for the second time and I have to go to the Harper's Hold to save her from the Mercenaries. We kill the mercs and continue our adventure for weeks but Dermin won't show up. I've even tried using the global commands to spawn him but that doesn't work.
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL",5)
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("DerminAppear","GLOBAL",1)

He won't appear even with the DerminAppear-command and even if I then use the CreateCreature-command he won't talk to me our Jaheira.
I've also tried advancing real time with the appropriate command but othing seems to work. What should I do?
Spawning Degardan for Edwina's quest worked without problems but Dermin seems to be more resistant.

Help, please.

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    usually when i want to quick advance something i set the romance timer to 1 so it automatically happens. if that doesn't work I know you can somehow rewind it a bit or something, but I can't find the variable in EEKEEPER while I remember seeing it in the original keeper for the old versions
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    First, if you are romancing Jaheira there are two more lovetalks before Dermin appears - the one where she admits it wasn't fair for her to go alone to the Harper Hold and the next one, which triggers when you go to rest. Immediately after that Dermin appears. If you are not romancing her then her quests take much more time to complete because of longer timers, so keep on playing.
    Second, for Dermin to appear you have to be in an area where he can appear, namely Athkatla, or outside De'Arnise keep. No dungeons or Chapter 4-5 areas.
    To trigger next lovetalk use this command:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("JAHEIRAROMANCE","GLOBAL","1")
    Keep in mind, if the lovetalk occurs when you go to rest, you still need to go to rest after entering the command, naturally.
    If nothing happens then you've screwed the romance somewhere and you should check it with EE keeper - it should never be an even number, for example.
  • egonegon Member Posts: 94
    I seem to have worked it out now. Thanks for the help, guys.

• SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    I hate to necro this but I am having a similar problem in that the next LT won't happen. The romance isn't screwed. Despite the fact that JAHEIRAROMANCE is at 1, JAHEIRAROMANCEACTIVE is at 1, no matter where in the Hells I go, inside or out, rest or not, nothing is happening. I even messed around with the LT variable to see if I could get it to skip one or something in a test save. Nope. Nothin. Someone please tell me this isn't a bug because I have like five different mods installed and I haven't updated since BG2EE came out...
  • JLEJLE Member Posts: 58
    Is it also chapter-limited, like it won't happen till chapter 6 after you come back from the Underdark? I am not sure but I suspect this is a possibility.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There's at least one event that requires resting outside. There's a couple others that require being in the city. There's yet another that depends on both a timer AND travel to another map (that may also have to happen in athkatla, not 100% on that one). Oh, and there's a realtime timer that ctrl-t won't advance for the final step.

Its complicated with a lot of different flags and requirements. None of it is chapter locked in the sense that you need to reach a certain chapter to finish the romance. But every romance goes on hold after chapter 3 and freezes until chapter..6?