Skip to content

Why did my # of attacks decrease?

I am a level 13 fighter and I just killed kangax. My attacks were 5/2 for the whole game and now I noticed they are at 4 and then they went down to 3 and that is where they are staying. I use two handed swords. What gives?

Comments

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    edited January 2014
    Which weapons and buffs were you using?

At 13 as a fighter you get 2 base attacks per round. Add in specialization and you have 2.5 or 5/2. With grandmastery you have 3. If you dual-wield, you have 4.

With a twohander and grandmastery, your attacks per round *should* be 3. This is the correct number. One way to get 4 for you would be to use a weapon with which you aren't specialized and then Haste (you said you just killed Kangaxx... so perhaps Daystar?).
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014
    Well if you are a level 13 fighter, and you have 5 points towards two-handed swords, that means you are getting 1 APR (attack per round) from you weapons grand mastery, 1 APR from reaching levels 7 and 13 (which explains why prior to this you only had 5/2), and you started out with 1 APR. That means you have 3 APR in total. If you cast haste on your character that would bring it up to 4 attacks per round.
  • emporerpantsemporerpants Member Posts: 15
    Ah, I see, thanks. I'm kinda a noob. I thought the 5/2 meant 5 and a half. Sorry! I feel kinda dumb. Now I'm wondering why I haven't had 3 the whole game, as I got grandmastery right away. Oh well, glad it's what it should be, thanks! :)
  • kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Right. *Improved* Haste doubles APR. Haste just adds an extra APR, I forgot.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741

Ah, I see, thanks. I'm kinda a noob. I thought the 5/2 meant 5 and a half. Sorry! I feel kinda dumb. Now I'm wondering why I haven't had 3 the whole game, as I got grandmastery right away. Oh well, glad it's what it should be, thanks! :)

You get an extra half attack at level 13 as a fighter.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Damn fractions, you haunt me still!
    Don't feel bad.