Skip to content

FMT Solo - Struggling with WK final seal guardians

I am badly getting whooped by the group which shows up at the final seal prior to accessing the Imprisoned One. The group I'm talking about in the one containing The Hive Mother, Y'tossi, The Huntress and the various other characters.

As I'm playing solo I'm simply being overwhelmed at all stages, my protection buffs get removed pretty much instantly as does any stealth and the majority of my spells get disrupted due to various reasons.

The most success I've had solo is to run around in circles Benny Hill style evading as much as possible gulping down healing potions and then moving in to strike individuals when I have a chance to do so without getting bundled by everyone.

I have HLAs for all classes but no Timestop. I'm also not a fan of the trap and rest (repeat until bored) tactic.

My next tactic is to try and isolate individuals by trapping them in rooms with me by closing doors. Seems a bit lame though.

Any insight to offer?

Comments

• stormy35stormy35 Member Posts: 39
    Hello. On the right side, where huntress and the melee dudes spawn, you could station a few mordenkainen swords there. Once the fight breaks out, the swords will keep them busy for a while so that you can deal with the dudes on the other side.
    A few explosion traps pre-positioned on the left side could help quite a bit by knocking them off their feet.

Take advantage of the contingency and chain contingency. Load a PfMW/stone skin or mislead into your contingency at 50% HP. 3x ADHW in a CC upon seeing an enemy/nearest enermy. You can also have 3 x skull traps loaded into a sequencer. Summon a few skeleton warriors to waste their spells. Before opening the seal, cast project image, simulacrum (love it!) and all the other protections.

Hope it helps.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    If you use the following combination of buffs you *should* be ok:
    Stoneskin and Mirror Image - standard, for when PfMW runs out.
    Improved Invisibility - spells can't target you.
    Spell Immunity: Divination - spells such as True Seeing can't remove your invisibility.
    Spell Immunity: Abjuration - prevents your protections being dispelled.
    Spell Shield - Beholder Anti-magic Ray won't affect you.
    PfMW- for complete melee protection.
    Improved Haste - to smash their face into goo.

None of the enemies are that dangerous on their own, several of them can deal big melee damage but so long as you have PfMW you're safe. IIRC Ameralis, Xei and the Huntress are all easy pickings, while the others all put up the likes of PfMW so have your Wand of Spell Striking handy. Depending on which enemy gives you the most grief then go after them first. I tend to leave the Marilith to the end because they have multiple PfMW so it takes longer to kill them.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Or you just lay traps after all... :) including your normal ones and a few stacks of skull trap. Als drink that magic protection potion with which you automatically pass all saving throws.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Turns out I was missing a few battle changing spells due to my accessing WK before heading off to Spellhold. I ran through that saved Imoen, squished Bodhi and Irenicus, saved the tree, annihilated Gromnir and then headed back to WK.

Fight was a piece of cake following the advice above.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    As a F/M/T you could even mix things up and throw in a scroll of timestop to really cause some damage.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I also gained a few levels and invested some thief skill points into Set Traps - a couple of strategically placed time traps made things more amusing rather than frantic.