Skip to content

bugged? by Roger's AWOL sea troll

Beautiful game and having a great time; Thankx.

Roger the fence in the SOA temple sewers wants me to off his sea troll pest. Easy enough, you would suppose, right? But the troll does not exist and won't spawn if I loiter or reload. If memory serves, this troll died a month or two ago when I cleared the sewers, but perhaps before I had ever talked to Roger. Now Roger is blocking my progress on the gong (limited wish) quest.

Yes I would have finished off the troll with a fire arrow. I have thoroughly explored the temple sewers with the exception of bard stronghold area behind the unopened secret door. The mind flayer and unseeing eye areas are cleared.

I have attempted to Console in ROGTRO01 and ROGTRO2, but these GameFAQs codes are not working in BG2EE. Does anyone know a BG2EE console solution?

Comments

• LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    I did find ROGTRO01 browsing in EEKeeper, so I successfully retried the console command

C:CreateCreature("ROGTRO01")

Who knows why it worked this time, party selection, cursor position, whatever. I'm happy, Roger the fence is happy, everyone is happy except the late great sea troll. Hope this helps some future reader.

The quest needs to go on the bug list.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Leronis said:

The quest needs to go on the bug list.

Next time post this in the bugs section. Worst case scenario is that it isn't a bug and gets thrown in "Not an Issue". But in this case it looks like it could be one.

Do you have any mods installed?
  • LeronisLeronis Member Posts: 112
    @elminster

No mods here, just BG2EE.

If a moderator moves this thread to /bugs, that's great. I don't know how.

I've researched it enough to be sure; Roger's troll did not respawn from inside the limited wish quest, OR, Roger's dialogue tree fails to notice that his troll was already dead. Bug either way.