Skip to content

Copper Coronet - Missing NPC's?

Is anyone having this issue where the following characters are not at the Copper Coronet?

Joluv - He's not around the area, not outside, nowhere inside.
Hexxat - Under the stairs in the Copper Coronet? She's not there, or anywhere to be seen inside the Copper Cornet, or outside it.

I am currently at Chapter 2, before the boat/ship journey section of the story.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Could be a bug. Since you are a new user I'm going to ask that you are sure that you are playing the enhanced edition and not the original (so you bought the game from Steam, Beamdog, Gamersgate, or the apple store).
  • TheWeakOneTheWeakOne Member Posts: 4
    Of course, Steam version
    I was hesitant on making a post on this/creating an account, but no one else seemed to have this issue
    Are you running any mods?
    Anyways if you attach your save file (put it in a zip file) to a post here I can see if I also run into this issue.
    Hi, I did some testing, another starting from the beginning, I noticed that all of the Copper Coronet interactions were working fine, there was another bug appearing the the dual area with the ruffians, in which it would not let you out after you win.
    From starting again this is now fixed. I am unsure on why exactly the Copper Coronet is a weirdly buggy place.
    So did those two (hexxat and joluv) appear in the second runthrough?
    Aye, they did, very odd
    elminster
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    edited January 2014
    Hmm. No way to fix it in a current game? I'm pretty far and I was hoping to get that sling from Joluv.. but he's non-existent. Hexxat was present for me and as far as I can tell Joluv is the only missing NPC.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2014
    @lelag200: Use CLUAConsole, no?

Here's Joluv: CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("wmart1")

AAAAAND here's the sling if you feel that it's too much expensive: CLUAConsole:CreateItem("WASLING")

;)

EDIT: Make sure you've edited your .INI file placed by default in C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition\ by adding this string: 'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1', then start BGII:EE and, while in game, press CTRL+SPACE and the console should appear.
    Post edited by Metalloman on
    elminster
    Well is it a lot? If it's more than 24k then I can't really afford it then but if not I can't cheat! Why was I born with such a moral conscience, WHY?!!
    Metallomanjackjack
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Ahahahahah! No, it's not SO expensive! XD
    Ok, don't use the sling's CLUA, but use at least the Joluv's one, since it is a good workaround for the issue you have. :)
    lelag200
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    He will run away if you have the fight against the ruffians. At least he did for me and has now set up shop right outside the front door in the slums!
    lelag200Sylvus_Moonbow
    Skaffen said:

He will run away if you have the fight against the ruffians. At least he did for me and has now set up shop right outside the front door in the slums!

Oh yes, there he is. Thanks kind sir. And yes this sling is 28k gold, even for my 18 charisma charname. Twice what I payed for the shadow thieves to find Imoen for a silly sling? Merchants annoy me in real life and in fantasy worlds!

• kaffekoppenkaffekoppen Member Posts: 377
    Skaffen said:

In my game he ran into a corner and hid there. He's not even the only NPC that does this kind of thing. One of the innkeepers usually runs upstairs during a Neera quest.
    I need to find Tolgerias now. Any clue where he ran and hid? Not sure why, but he's not in the council building.
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    I find that some NPCs run around during the fight after freeing Hendak. Joluv especially is particularly skittish.