Skip to content

Dual Class Fighter/Cleric, and de'Arnise Keep Stronghold. (BUG)

MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
I have a Berserker 9, dualed to Cleric 8 at the moment, and a saved game before i finish the De'Arnise keep quest. If i do it, while my Berserker levels are inactive, and although my class writes "Fighter/Cleric", Nalia doesn't think i'm a warrior and doesn't give me the keep.

Will this be fixed if i come back later and "finish" the quest while my berserker levels are back? Or is this bug(? or oversight), going to require starting a new game?

For reference, in vanilla BG2, once you dual, you get both strongholds offered, but you need to choose.
Post edited by Mornmagor on

Comments

• EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    As a L9 Berserker / L11 Druid I completed the quest and was not given the option to take over the keep. Nalia's dialog response to my offer to help her with her problem was:

Hostility would only bring soldiers. They are not criminals, just repugnant. If you were a warrior, you might serve as figurehead to reinforce my hold, but you are not.

Seems like a bug to me.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited November 2013
    Damn, if it's a bug then we need to start a new game for it to be fixed (when the issue goes away anyway)?

Not the whole thing all over again :X

Anyway, could a mod transfer this to the bugs forum?
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Winners don't dual-class. Stay in class, kids.
    edited November 2013
    @Schneidend

Weeeeeeeell, i don't really like dual classing either, but i can't be a human and multiclass >.>

I think it's time i made that Half-Orc F/C. Then change Half-Orc to vamp ahahaha it's skyrim all over again :p
  • EmptinessEmptiness Member Posts: 238
    I won't need a fix (this time), because I'm planning to challenge for leadership of the grove. I definitely support fixing the problem, though; we should have the option of claiming the keep.
    I started a Multiclass F/C, i sincerely hope that the quest is not broken for multis as well.
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    @Mornmagor: you can, actually. take a look at the tweak pack.

and you probably also can work around your bug with it's stronghold component.
    @DinsdalePiranha, i know about the tweak, thanks for the suggestion though.

I just think they should know about the bug and fix it anyway. In vanilla you could have the keep with a dualed fighter.

I certainly hope multis don't have the same problem ;x
  • RanSagyRanSagy Member Posts: 13
    Just encountered the same and sadly forgot that my fighter levels are inactive. Kinda annoying, this. Is there a decent way to edit this back into the game? or at least get the choice again.

Can't really go back to an older save, too.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Just add the multi stronghold pack from @davidW with only the ones you want to use and it will solve this...