Skip to content

Stuck in Chapter 3

GaidalGaidal Member Posts: 2
Hi,

Playing the iPad version of the EE. I've cleared the Bandit Camp and appeared to have made the mistake of reading the letters in Tazok's chest, copying to the notes to the journal and discarding them on the ground. It did not trigger Chapter 4. Not knowing it was supposed to, I wondered down to Beregost to sell some loot and after reading about what was SUPPOSED to happen, hoofed it back to Tazok's tent. All of the looted bodies were gone and only 1 of the 2 letters was still in the tent. I have no idea where the other is although I'm fairly certain I discarded it in the tent.

So, how can I get to Chapter 4 or am I totally hosed at this point?

Comments

• greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    But the letters are in that locked chest, i'm assuming you did unlock it and take the letters? After I did that the sequence triggers. I'm pretty sure the 1 letter in that chest is what triggers chapter 4

Worst case scenario, can you use a pc editor spawn the letters, and then put it back on ipad? As far as I know it should work.

IPAD (transfer) save to PC
    edit the file in pc
    PC (transfer) IPAD
  • GaidalGaidal Member Posts: 2
    Yes I opened the chest and read the letters. I have copies in my journal, so clearly this is a bug of some kind.

Your solution with the PC sounds fine except that I don't have the PC version of the EE! Or is there a standalone editor that will work?
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Don't worry, I have it on pc as well!

I'm not 100% sure this will work.

But if you upload your save game to me, I can try spawning in the letters and hopefully chapter 4 triggers.

Please also submit this as bug, thanks.

Do you need help where to locate save?

If so follow this link

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11504/transferring-bgee-saves-to-ipad/p1