Skip to content

Journal entry for Planar Sphere not flagging as completed

nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Current Behavior: During the Planar Sphere quest, there is a journal entry headlined "In the Planar Sphere" that notes one of the Solamnic Knights informing the protagonist about the golem construction. This journal continues to be flagged as an active quest after completing the Planar Sphere quest.

Desired Behavior: Upon completing the Planar Sphere quest, all journal entries regarding the Sphere (excepting stronghold entries) should be flagged as completed.

Note: I was playing as a mage at the time, and thus took the Planar Sphere as a stronghold. It's possible this resulted in the Knights' 'quest' not being flagged as completed.

Edit: I was also in chapter 2 at the time.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @nietzschelives: I'm trying to determine which quest it is that's not getting it's journal entry removed?

Is it the Knight's Quest (the one to send them back home) or is it one of the other Journal Entries in the Planar Sphere?

Please note, the Knights Cannot be sent back till AFTER the Planar Sphere quest is completed...i.e. You've purged the planar sphere of it's current owner and control of it is turned over to you. There is a sub-quest for returning the Knights.

• nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2013
    No, it's not the quest to send the knights back home. It's just a journal entry noting that one of the knights has informed the character that there is a golem in the Planar Sphere that may be reconstructed. It's part of the baseline quest for clearing the sphere. Also, I have sent the knights back home and the journal entry persists.

Edit: Just looked at the entry. It's titled 'Inside the Planar Sphere' and roughly states "Onvo, one of the knights imprisoned within the sphere, has warned me that there is a laboratory within the sphere containing a damaged golem."
    edited December 2013
    @nietzschelives: I assume you've completed the golem part? I think that's required to complete the planar sphere right?

Does your journal have the entry in it that says "It appears I have successfully assembled a golem of sorts, which has run off to do battle with the nearby beholder"?

I can run a fast test on this one.
  • nietzschelivesnietzschelives Member Posts: 36
    @Illdyth Yeah I've completed the golem section. I do not have a journal entry regarding the golem though (the one about assembling the golem). I made the golem, it fought the beholder, and I followed it. I used ranged weapons to kill the beholder while it was distracted by the golem. Perhaps this resulted in the quest not being flagged as completed?
    @nietzschelives: I wonder if this was fixed in a more recent patch or something. I'm not getting the same behavior. I can get the journal entry but as soon as the Golem is created and the beholder is defeated I get the completion message to that part of the quest in my journal as well and at the end it all goes away.

Moving this to not an issue. If you can get a re-production case I'll move it back.
  • gantothgantoth Member Posts: 1
    This IS still an issue, FYI. It happened to me when I had completed the golem-killing-beholder task and THEN afterwards talked to the knights at the entrance, one of whom added this entry to my journal. Since I had already completed the golem, there was no way to get rid of this entry.

Here is the exact entry:
    "Inside the Planar Sphere"
    Onvo, one of the Knights of Solamnia trapped in the sphere, warned me of a wizard's room nearby that contains a damaged golem.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    exactly the same here. it's an issue.