Skip to content

Playing the Game with (non-party) NPCs - using STR+Q (pic inside)

FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
Has anyone ever played through the Game with non-canon characters?

i thought that would be some intresting new wind to the game.

i'm only having trouble finding good/interesting npcs that are a little more interesting than fighter or thiefs

for instance it thought instead of killing amalas from the copper coronet, i just take him with me.

it'd be very interesting to have a lich or a greater werewolf fighting at my side. (the game really lacks token werewolves, seriously :D)

Comments

• XukuthXukuth Member Posts: 78
    Cernd is a werewolf.
  • FerozbanFerozban Member Posts: 31
    yeah ok....but he is Cernd...nobody likes him. he's all about hugging trees and leaving pregnant wifes.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    Ferozban said:

yeah ok....but he is Cernd...nobody likes him. he's all about hugging trees and leaving pregnant wifes.

This one made my day!
  • nanonano Member Posts: 1,632
    I wonder, can you give Hexxat's script to a real vampire?
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Glacius in Nalia's keep would be pretty cool to have around. How about grabbing Rayic Gethras?
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    I remember that mod, I think it was called the Longer road, that allowed you to recruit Irenicus into your party during ToB. That was pretty good
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    edited January 2014

I remember that mod, I think it was called the Longer road, that allowed you to recruit Irenicus into your party during ToB. That was pretty good

Yeah, I've been wanting to play it ever since I've heard of it but it's not EE compatibile :( Or so I've heard.

For people who want something exotic, there is always the Varshoon mod which gets you a Mind Flayer NPC. The guy is amazing — not stat-wise (although his immunities are impressive) — but from RP point of view. And one of the biggest advantages is that he projects all the talks mentally, thus you are not forced to hear all those amateur-made voices of other modded NPCS (no offense to mod creators but it's quite evident when a voice-over was made in a professional studio and when it wasn't).

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157

The Longer Road mod is by far the best thing I ever played! Should be played with SCS.

Irenicus is such a bad ass!!

Btw I am thinking about doing a BG2 run with the BG1 Sarevok as a main char =)