Skip to content

Can I give NPCs portraits with eeKeeper (like Phaere, Firkraag or Hendak)

booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
Hey guys, quick question
When you open a creature with eeKeeper they have a spot for portrait. If I add a portrait there, would:
1. it show up?
2. there be negative side-effects?

Thanks for any insight :)

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    good question, when i change portraits on joinable NPCs they're reseted at each level up of the character (same if i alter the number of spell slots on their inventory for example).
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    well, that works for me no problem when it comes to joinable NPCs. I just want to add some to notable non-joinable ones like Mae'Var, Faldorn, etc.

The number of spell things definitely does reset though.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if u are aware of this mod...

But it apparently provides portraits for every single NPC, playable and otherwise, in the entire saga, all in a very consistent style, which is pretty impressive.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55677-paintbg-introduction-and-samples/

Personally I am pretty tempted... but frankly, I think the stuff Isandir and Nixxi have produced is better, so despite the allure uniformity holds for me (u know, cos I am OCD Lawful), I can't not use Nixxi/Isandir portraits for some of the NPCs, and I think the Willow picture (from Buffy the Vamp Slayer) is pretty much the non-official official portrait for Imoen... so I am gonna have a mish-mash of artists for my next playthrough too.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    @Heindrich1988
    The problem with those is that I like the original portraits for most of the joinable NPCs (except Faldorn's which is basically a contingency with horror and spook) so I'm not interested in replacing them, just adding to others. There are a couple of portraits I found (and some that other mods have added in) that don't seem too out of place in my opinion.