Skip to content

The Multiplayer Community Upsets/Dissapoints Me :(

The general public/beamdog multiplayer (general people on it) are pretty disappointing :(

What i mean is this, i hosted a public/no password game appropriately titled "New Game LVLs 7-9"

I got 5 people total over the day.

3 of them had 25, 25, 25, etc stats
1 of them played fair :D
and 1 of them looked fair, until we got in game, all of his equipment was Red/equipped, and OP as fuq.

It's kinda ridiculous...

I feel like everyone that plays the game is ruining it for themselves heh...

I mean im all for to each there own way to play, but i feel like these people are missing out on the best part of the game...Progression...not just hacking your Char to be the strongest...period. Idk, just kinda feel bad for em, and its odd, it seems like gamers nowadays have little-no patience, at least the general public...

What do you guys think about the "Mass Crowd" of gamers?

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    To each their own imo. Those people might simply enjoy the game more the way they're playing, and feel that you're the one missing out.

That said, joining overpowered characters into multiplayer games that have been created with the intent to be reasonably legit and party-based seems silly.

Generally I also feel that the BG games are to such great extent storydriven and oriented around tactics and party cooperation that trying to MP with random people you don't know isn't likely to turn out very well. Not that this phenomenon is isolated to BG or anything, though.
  • unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
    Shin said:

To each their own imo. Those people might simply enjoy the game more the way they're playing, and feel that you're the one missing out.

That said, joining overpowered characters into multiplayer games that have been created with the intent to be reasonably legit and party-based seems silly.

Generally I also feel that the BG games are to such great extent storydriven and oriented around tactics and party cooperation that trying to MP with random people you don't know isn't likely to turn out very well. Not that this phenomenon is isolated to BG or anything, though.

Yea, and i really am all for the subjective taste thing, which is fine, but after talking to them, i realize they are literally missing out on so much content via cheating. Idk, just seems like there missing a lot semi-unintentionally by cheating. Its a shame that they miss it is all, because its a fantastic game which is highly unrecognized by many.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    My usual reasoning is that cheating per se doesn't stop people from getting the content they like - or rather allows them to get the content they do like. You can for instance go through the game and ctrl+y all enemies if you enjoy the story but not really the fighting mechanics.

But I guess there are more and less well-informed kinds of cheating, like you say. If someone unknowingly bypasses content they might have liked, then that is a shame.
  • Aozgolo108Aozgolo108 Member Posts: 79
    I've often felt that if you wish to cheat, hack, or otherwise exploit game rules to your benefit, that's perfectly acceptable in a single player game, because you are entitled to do what you wish. In a multiplayer environment I don't think this should be tolerated, no-one should really have an unfair advantage over someone else.

I've never played BG Multiplayer, there's too much about it I don't know and am kind of worried about (pausing for instance, especially in inventory), but I can certainly see how this can be a problem. Granted it's not a PvP environment, but even when everyone is on the same side, having an unfair advantage can greatly bias the progression, and (if you care about such things) the actual statistics such as kill ratios.

I don't really think I'd enjoy doing a random multiplayer game in BG if there were people who did that sort of thing. I think however it would be fine and more enjoyable if you used forums and the like to post your specific playthrough idea and find like-minded players who enjoy the same kind of experience you do of progression and story over just meta-gaming.
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    For the longest time, they had trouble just getting multiplayer to work. Maintaining the integrity of a cheat free game probably wasn't a priority until it actually became easy to connect. Not sure if they even plan to fix it.