Skip to content

The Fantastic Barbarian

So because the lols I decided to make a really silly and difficult build. Why not make a barbarian that has ridiculous stats? And that's just what I'm going to talk about. Meet my solo barbarian, Mr. MRAAAAGH

Stats:

Strength-20 (to balance things out and I was a half orc)
Dexterity-3
Constitution-4 (requires to be 4 due to race)
Intelligence-1 (BRING IT ON MIND FLAYERS!)
Wisdom-3
Charisma-3

If anyone has any tips for me, that would be coolio ;)
nano

Comments

• LifeIsntThatHallowLifeIsntThatHallow Member Posts: 10
    Also, I won't be using any tomes/items that increase my attributes
  • FrondFrond Member Posts: 121
    hahah so awesome. good luck friend!
    Metalloman
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited January 2014
    You really need it!!

I will follow this thread to see how this run develops. :)
  • TwoWayFinesseTwoWayFinesse Member Posts: 128
    Dig a grave before you step out of candlekeep, save some time later! :)
    Would also like to know how it turns out. Good luck anyway!
    Nashkel has a nice graveyard, I have to say... ;)
    Jokes aside, DAT 4 CON on a half orc is really...could you imagine a half orc skinny, ill, maybe asmatic, or such...??
    But I admire your crazy mind bravery and I hope you'll put here some tales of your adventures, @LifeIsntThatHallow. :)
    Well, so far I've gotten to the Bandit Camp. I had to reload the game about 50 times either from being attacked by random things that I can't deal with or dying ("Oh look a wolf. :D" *Hurling mass of ice swarms my face and kills me*). Luckily I level up very quickly and being a barbarian, I have the biggest hit die (d12 so that means lots of hitpoints :) ) My strategy? Quaff whatever potions, Quicksave, Rage, Rest and repeat.
  • LJingLJing Member Posts: 16
    How high is your Armor Class with dex 3 and your hp with con 4? That would be interesting to know
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Grash Cannon
    LJing said:

How high is your Armor Class with dex 3 and your hp with con 4? That would be interesting to know

Well I have a base Armor Class of 13. (Remember the lower the AC the better!) But with regular splint mail I have an armor class of 7. As for hp NORMALLY I would get 12hp per level. However with my low con I only receive 11hp per level. So, 11x4 (I'm level 4 by the way) that would equal 44hp.
    You will use at least the STR tome, as that stat is the only one you've maxed out?
  • MitchforkMitchfork Member Posts: 390
    Did you not get the Gauntlets of Dexterity? I'd think that'd be the single most important item this run, although I understand if you wanted to preserve more of the challenge by avoiding it.