Skip to content

Super Ultra Hard Mode

Is there a mod in BG2EE that is super ultra hard that even Wolfs are so hard to kill. I want to experience this kind of difficulty.

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You could try Weimer's tactics mod - it provides some challenging encounters right from the get-go.
  • DragonPriestDragonPriest Member Posts: 15
    edited January 2014
    Shin said:

You could try Weimer's tactics mod - it provides some challenging encounters right from the get-go.

I'll try. Thanks for the Quick Reply. Oh, and one more thing, It is not in the 'Compatible Mod List' So i need to make sure if this is really compatible with BG2EE.

• vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    try playing a solo wizard slayer that refuses to use magical weapons
  • thexsathexsa Member Posts: 9
    Sword Coast Stratagems is your best bet, I suppose. It makes most encounters more difficult, especially how mages use their spells, what abilities fiends have, what targets enemy fighters chose, and so forth.
    This will mean you can no longer just throw a bunch of chaos spell and win any fight, nor buy the Cheese(shield) of Balduran and just walk all over Beholders.
    Once you have played through the game once, or twice, in vanilla, the game is an absolute cakewalk without difficulty enhancing mods.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Tisamon made a HoF-mode emulator for both EE's and it works very well. It beefs up every enemy and and gives more XP per kill to compensate.
  • TisamonTisamon Member Posts: 209
    For honesty's sake, it is not optimized for BG2EE, but works reasonably well nevertheless. DavidW's SCS is a good collection of mods -- be aware, though, of the fact some sections feature the author's quite arbitrary take on game balance (I find most of them perfectly sound, but it's just me). It is fully customizable, of course, so you can just install the components you wish. Weimer's Tactics is a very uneven collection of mods for BG2 (not compatible with BG2EE, last time I checked). Some parts of it are sadistically brilliant, though (Improved Ilyich, for one).
    lunar
  • albinocobraalbinocobra Member Posts: 56
    Tisamon said:

...Some parts of it are sadistically brilliant, though ...

Improved Faldorn... >.<