Skip to content

Two Kit Questions

TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
These are relatively simple is it possible or not.

A) Let's say I want to make, oh, a cleric kit that allows swords (around a quarter of the PNP ones actually do, so I don't feel too bad about this). I know I can just go through and allow every sword to be usable by this kit. My question is about mod added swords, added by any of the billion item packs out there. Is there a way to script it so that all swords are automatically allowed by this kit, or would each item pack have to be done separately, adding a lot to the workload and potentially breaking the game depending on who installed what?

B) Is it possible to allow bonuses when casting certain spells? Let's say I'm making a Fire Elementalist kit. Could I go through and allow +1 caster level when casting fireball or flame arrow, or -1 to casting speed, or something of that sort? Or is that a hardcoded thing?

I have no experience with kits, so these are just idle thoughts. 'Are they possible or not' thoughts.

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    A) Possible. The only way I know how to do it would require that your mod be installed after all item mods have been installed, however. And-- potentially a pain--you'd have to make adjustments for individual mods that don't use the file naming convention.

B) I don't know, but now I'm curious too.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    B) is doable, but afaik only indirectly. You can't add an effect to a character that provides a speed or caster level bonus only to certain spells, but you could create special variants of e.g. fire spells with reduced casting time and increased damage/duration (to simulate higher caster level) and assign those to the character.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I'd love to give quarterstaves to a monk character