Skip to content

Editing/Creating New Items

HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
I'm just wondering how easy or difficult it is to create or edit some items in the game, specifically weapons, and whether I can do it without investing a large amount of effort.

For roleplay purposes, I'd prefer my Kensai/Mage to wield long swords rather than Katana, but Celestial Fury is too good to ignore, so I was wondering if I could:
1) Make a new sword that's got the same stats as Celestial Fury.
2) Edit Celestial Fury to make it a long sword.

Links/tips/guides much appreciated!
booinyoureyes

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    Editing and adding items is very easy in itself, slightly more complicated if you want to add them into the game in an RP way (like a store or a container) rather than just edit them onto your character.

I'd recommend using Near Infinity - try searching for e.g. Celestial Fury in it, and see how a weapon and its effects are handled by the game. Export it with a different filename to your override folder (this will make a copy of the item, so any changes you make won't effect the regular Celestial Fury). You can then edit the copied file a little bit (e.g. change it to longsword proficiency or whatever else you want). Then save it and use the console or an editor like EE Keeper to place it in your inventory, and you're good to go.
    HeindrichErgbooinyoureyes
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I guess I'll try keep it simple, and simulate Charname discovering how to unlock the sword's power (much like how he unlocks his own power throughout the saga), by simply editing the sword at the beginning of SoA. That way he can have a Varcona-like +2 for BG 1, and a Celestial Fury clone for BG 2.
    Shin
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    Shin said:

Export it with a different filename to your override folder (this will make a copy of the item, so any changes you make won't effect the regular Celestial Fury). .

You don't even have to do that. Just right click on the item and you'll see an option to "Add Copy of". IE will prompt you for a new name and export it for you.

CrevsDaak