Skip to content

Problem with neera ToB quest line (spoilers)

Ok so this may very well not be a bug and everything may be fine but I wanted to find out before I saved over and have to re do a bunch of hours of gameplay.

I'm doing neeras questline in throne of bhaal, im also romancing her. She got the bird when a left saradush and we went to the clearing where she cast reckless dweomer (this bugged a few times and didnt work before i got it) we had the fight with the red wizards and my party got teleported to the gladiator arena, fought that battle and won at which point the announcer says 'can the fighters now proceed to the staging area immediately' or something to that effect, except... I cant go anywhere, there's no way out of the arena and noone to initiate dialogue with. So i pocket plane out and back to outside of saradush figuring neera will initiate dialogue about tracking down the red wizard leader for the next part of the quest but after trying to force it (resting several days, getting in fights, standing around) she hasn't said anything about it.

Now it could be that its all ok and the quest will pick up again later, but im worried that something bugged in the arena fight and that ill miss out on the quest if i just keep playing.

Can anyone clarify? I wouldnt even have considered it being a bug if i hadnt had so much trouble getting the initial clearing fight to work in the first place.

Cheers,

Comments

• NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    You are supposed to take the arena exit to go inside. You should have missed it as i can't imagine a bug preventing the exit icon to show up.
    Use the console to teleport you back in the arena if you are screwed.
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    In the arena, there's an exit on the lower left side of the area, and that's the staging area that the announcer is talking about. There you'll meet a guy who will forward the quest. Once you've done what the guy asks you to do, that's it for the non-romance part of the quest (since I always play as a female, I've not done Neera's romance). There wouldn't/shouldn't be any other way to go on with the quest.
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    You may have missed the exit at the lower left as it's not very obvious. It certainly happened to me. I thought I was supposed to talk to the guy at the front, leave at the more prominent upper right area, and even positioned all my party members on the centre platform. After redoing the battle three times (thinking it was a bug because Neera died during the battle, etc) I finally realised where the exit was.
  • avl0avl0 Member Posts: 5
    yeah i missed the exit the first time around as a fireball turned the 3 gladiator guys hostile so they didnt walk out and i somehow didnt think to look at the bottom left (i was trying to get out of the top right bit that looks like a door. second time through i made sure not to use any aoes and the exit was obvious, thanks for the help!
  • FrkunFrkun Member Posts: 52
    This area is bad designed. The visual feedback is wrong and it's pretty easy to screw up the flow of the mission. You will need cheats to teleport back and continue, sorry.