Skip to content

BG2EE new NPCs quests list

Hi everyone

It is my first post in this forum and I would like to ask you do you have list of BG2EE new NPCs quests? (When they begin or how to start them etc). I am asking that because I would like to explore new content but I don't plan to have all new NPCs with me all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    It depends on the party you want to end up with in what order to do the quests of the new NPCs, since some old NPCs won't stay in a party with the new ones. (They usually force you to make a choice between them and the new NPC.)

Dorn - pick him up in Temple District. Can't have Anomen and Keldorn in the party, not sure who else will leave.

Hexxat - pick her up in Copper Coronet. No conflicts at first, but after the first quest, Anomen and Keldorn will leave.

Rasaad - pick him up in Trademeet; no conflicts I'm aware of. He'll have a conflict with Viconia, but as far as I know, that only happens in ToB.

Neera - pick her up in Bridge District. Can't have Edwin.

If you want Anomen, Keldorn or Edwin in your final party, do the quest of the conflicting new NPC first, do the quests, then dismiss and recruit the NPC(s) you want in the end.
  • dark_elf2dark_elf2 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you for your answer. Do you now how to use Dragomir Casquet to travel to Shou Lang?
    Umm. I think you just go to the tomb/graveyard, then Hexxat asks you if you want to go there and if you say yes, you go. I didn't do anything with the casket, I just had it in my inventory.
    Thank you for response. And what is the last quest for each NPC? I have just cleared Red Wizard Enclave and killed traitor, is that it for Neera?
    No idea about Neera, I usually kill her.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Even "evil" Anomen is opposed to Hexxat?
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    dark_elf2 said:

Thank you for response. And what is the last quest for each NPC? I have just cleared Red Wizard Enclave and killed traitor, is that it for Neera?

Her quest will continue in ToB.
    Thank you very much for helping me! And what about Rasaad questline (any chance to kill Algoroth before TOB)? And how to commence Dorn quests (visited wedding already :))
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Dorn's quest will start once he reaches level 12.
    JosefineS said:

Even "evil" Anomen is opposed to Hexxat?

Yes. He was still neutral when I got Hexxat and him in a party. I managed to do her first quest (getting the real Hexxat), after that, he asked for a choice. I don't know if it changes after he failed his test, but he won't be in a party with Dorn after that either, so I doubt. I failed his test, had him rant about the Radiant Heart, then talked to Dorn and Anomen immediately objected.
    And what about Rashaad? Does he have continuation of his quest (after heretic temple) in TOB as well?
  • batjellybatjelly Member Posts: 25
    Rasaad's quest continues in TOB, and I found it much more challenging than Neera's.

Not sure about the conflict with Viconia in TOB ... I currently have both of them from the beginning of TOB and there has been no exchanges between them so far.

In SOA you wouldn't want Viconia in your party when doing Rasaad's quest (though I heard you'll have a more favorable outcome if you're romancing her). You may lose them both at the end of it (I had to replay the quest because of this).

In TOB, Sarevok will have a go at provoking Rasaad.
  • wattonnwattonn Member Posts: 1
    Rasaad: He's recruited in Trademeet, his SoA quest starts when you enter the Gates district in Athkatla. His ToB quest begins when you run into a random encounter while travelling.

Neera: Recruited in the Bridge district, all her SoA quests are in the Wild Forest / Hidden Refuge. Her ToB quest should start as soon as you leave Saradush for the first time (she should get a message from a carrier pidgeon once you clear the first set of enemies in the clearing).

Dorn: Recruited in the Temple district, you immediately do a short quest for him. His second quest starts as soon as he hits level 12 and he's been in the party at least a week (he'll automatically talk to you). His ToB quest starts in a random encounter while travelling, but you must wait a week first before it can appear.

Hexxat: Recruited in Copper Coronet, you immediately get a quest to do. After that quest, you get a second quest while travelling in Athkatla at night after she's been in the party a week. After you finish this second quest, a third quest will pop up after you wait a week and walk around athkalta at night again (this bugs out pretty often, search the forums for a console command to summon "Cabrina" if the quests aren't triggering). Her ToB quest starts in the inn/tavern in Amkethran.

A note of warning: the SoA quests (except for Hexxat's and Dorn's very first quests) are pretty difficult at a low level. Hexxat's second quest has you fight some really powerful Underdark creatures that are a pain to deal with, and Neera's final SoA quest has some powerful wizards and fighters with ridiculously low AC.

All the new ToB quests are hard as hell, I recommend doing them towards the end of the campaign.