Skip to content

So when I am importing a BG:EE character i can't use one of the new portraits in BG2:EE??

Am i just supposed to play BG2:EE with a questionmark as my character's picture? I hope this is a simple bug that can easily be fixed otherwise that's not really a good introduction to the "enhanced edition"

Comments

• AnaximanderAnaximander Member Posts: 191
    I don't understand why the new portraits and voices from bg:ee weren't included in bg2:ee but I assume they will be added in a patch in the future. I share your frustration in this however I like the female gnome caster portrait and the new voice sets but it will be some time yet before the EE is perfected. Would be nice to hear some news on any progress fixing this...
  • KorlamaqKorlamaq Member Posts: 216
    edited January 2014
    I can't even pick a new portrait when i'm importing my character! How did they oversee such a huge flaw?? I've been waiting forever for BG2:EE so I could finally import my character and now IT WAS ALL FOR NOTHING! I can barely type this without getting insulting, beamdog... FIX THIS PLEASE

also: the new portraits in bg2:ee are a joke...
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    As far as I know, you won't be able to use the newer (crap imo) BG1EE portraits in BG2EE, but you can use the EE Keeper to change portrait to other BG2EE portraits other than the question mark. Temporary fix, at best, if you actually liked those new BG1EE portraits, but better than nothing.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    You can do what i did, I used the red dragon disciple looking lady portrait in BG EE, it didn't transfer over to BG EE2 however i searched around until I found the picture online and then i saved it and imported it as a custom portrait voila. Granted more work than it should be but it works!
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    Yes, it's absolutely woeful implementation by Beamdog. You can get around by manually copying the portraits over and then fiddling with EEkeeper, but the whole thing feels unnecessary. The games are meant to go together.
    edited January 2014
    i still don't understand how they could possibly overlook this... and it makes me really angry... i hope they will fix this soon or i will go back to standard baldurs gate 2 because this doesn't feel like an "enhanced edition" so far at all
  • RaltarRaltar Member Posts: 35
    You don't need EE keeper to change your portrait. You just need to use the customize>Appearance option in the character screen and you can choose a new portrait at any time. I will, however, agree that it was bad form that the new BGEE portraits and voices weren't included. The new BG2EE portraits are really bad.
    booinyoureyesjackjack
    Raltar said:

You don't need EE keeper to change your portrait. You just need to use the customize>Appearance option in the character screen and you can choose a new portrait at any time. I will, however, agree that it was bad form that the new BGEE portraits and voices weren't included. The new BG2EE portraits are really bad.

i love you man! thanks for that i don't know how that never came to my mind