Skip to content

[Known 7597] Duplicate containers (multiplayer?)

acdhaacdha Member Posts: 15
edited September 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
In a multiplayer game, Nalia was holding the scroll case at the time she briefly left the party for plot reasons. After an initial moment of panic, I noticed that the scroll case had been added to CHARNAME's inventory and resumed playing. Later, after Nalia rejoined our party, her inventory had the scroll case along with the rest of her gear. We continued playing for awhile before a couple conversations made it obvious that both cases had the exact same contents and it was possible for one player to add a scroll to their case for someone else to remove from the “other” case.

I'm assuming the cause is that containers have unique IDs and both inventories reference the same store. I flagged this as multi-player because that's the only game I've tried but it probably affects both.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    This happened to me in the original game too, but it was much more stranger.
    Haer'Dalis was carrying the Bag of Holding, he died fighting inside the Cleric's House (chapter 7, elven city), I picked up part of his stuff (every one had full packs and then Bag was also full), his armor, weapons and Bag of Holding. i got outside and raised him with Anomen, I equipped the stuff he had for him and went inside for the stuff that was missing, and the armor, the Bag of Holding and the weapons were also there!!! I sold all the duplicates and throwed the Bag of Holding somewhere on SoA.