Skip to content

Help installing the Gibberlings 3 mod

chiasmchiasm Member Posts: 23
For a second playthrough I want to remove gender and multiple romance restrictions. So I'm trying to install the Gibberlings 3 mod which is supposed to do this.

Apparently I'm a dunce because I can't get it to work. I've downloaded and it asks me where to extract it. I tried in the main folder and it gives me an error message at the end of trying. So I then tried in the Data folder and got the same error message. So I then tried in 00783 folder (a subfolder of the Data folder) and it says it installed properly but it doesn't seem to affect the game as one of the tweaks the mod makes besides romance stuff is making helmets invisible and I can still see helmets.

Help please on what I'm doing wrong.

Comments

• TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Post your weidu.log file. It should have showed up in the 00783 folder (which was the right folder to install in to).
  • chiasmchiasm Member Posts: 23
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    // Recently Uninstalled: ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v9
    ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v9
    Ok, looking at that it appared to be unistalled rather than installed. Fiddling with it I had to uninstall it for real and then reinstall. Now it says this which looks better:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~G3ANNIVERSARY/SETUP-G3ANNIVERSARY.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod: v9

However I can still see helmets and I just started a new game to see if it required a restart and can still see them. I don't actually care about the helmets, its the romance stuff I care about, but the helmet thing is a good way to see if the mod is working before I sink hours into this and realize the romance part isn't either.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    G3 anniversary mod is a quest mod, while you seem to be looking for BG2 Tweaks.
    Isaya said:

G3 anniversary mod is a quest mod, while you seem to be looking for BG2 Tweaks.

Doh! I thought it was all in one. Now going back looking at the G3 site knowing what you said I realize I had downloaded the quest mod and not the tweak mod.

Thanks. I got the tweak mod now and it appears to be working.