Skip to content

Revised Hell Trials for BG2EE?

SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
This was originally part of the Quest Pack and added neutral choices to the Trials. I feel that there's no reason why a character couldn't end up somewhere on middle ground.

Sooo, anyone know if this bit is getting updated, or can be updated?

Comments

• SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    *shameless bump*
  • darkly180darkly180 Member Posts: 19
    Although it has not been specifically updated, on my BG2EE playthough it worked well enough. I made a neutral choice for one of the trials and got one of the neutral benefits after surrendering the Tear.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I kinda think storyline changes should be for mods, while mechanical fixes/additions can be made in the game. However, this might actually work really nicely for some of them (particularly the Nymph cloak... they are already dead!)
    I can't see a neutral option in the selfishness one or the pride one, but someone may think of something.
    Could turn out pretty well
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Quest Mod is still unfortunately a pretty buggy mod. But if you're okay with editing variables, it should run okay on BG2EE (save for journal entries, of course). I got the Revised Hell Trials to work fine, though I didn't choose all the neutral choices.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,235
    I only just entered Suldanessellar so I have a little time before the Trials. Even then I'm not sure I'll need anything other than the good options but I might try to install it just to check if it works at all.

@Twani I've gotten pretty comfortable with some of the editing programs over the years, could you tell me what kinds of things might come up (or came up in your case) while getting it to work?