Skip to content

IPAD: seeing item/npc names, mouse icons (travel, etc)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/29343/enough-of-bg2/p2

this made me realize something. a new player who picks up BG on the IPAD is indeed going to have a really hard time. I don't have an IPAD myself to care much but this seems like a good request. what these players could probably use is the ability to touch and hold over items and npcs in order to easily see their name. It would indeed suck to have to actually talk to every NPC in order to find out who has something for you.

Another thing I might add about IPAD that I've seen a lot of is traveling. I guess it is an old complaint and I wouldn't know if it's been fixed, but maybe these players could get the icon for these actions to appear if they are in position? Alternatively maybe there could be a travel button somewhere that will make the party automatically start moving to the nearest travel area to leave the area.

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    iPad version is only good for solo runs, which is the best way of playing, so...
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    You don't need to talk to everybody. There is a button that works just like the tab key, which highlights all containers/doors and also NPC names.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781

You don't need to talk to everybody. There is a button that works just like the tab key, which highlights all containers/doors and also NPC names.

is there? because I assumed this might be something I should bring up after seeing that thread. as I said, I have no IPAD. just thought I would be more constructive and bring up a feature request that might help people like him.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Well to be honest, I don't own BG 2 EE on tablet. But I do have BG EE, and yes the equivalent for a Tab key exists. I'd be extremely surprised if they removed such a vital feature for BG 2 EE.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Well to be honest, I don't own BG 2 EE on tablet. But I do have BG EE, and yes the equivalent for a Tab key exists. I'd be extremely surprised if they removed such a vital feature for BG 2 EE.

It is in BG2:EE too, I have it (the beta, but it is the same thing).