Skip to content

Dorn Wedding Crash

So I am at the end of SoA, done all the quests for the new characters except Dorn, I haven't recruited him yet.

I have done the Paladin Stronghold, Bodhi, and all other things related to Radiant Heart. Is there any reason for me not to go ahead and do the wedding crash? Would it lock me out of anything in ToB or future quests there?

Comments

• NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    Highborne said:

I have done the Paladin Stronghold,

So your a Paladin that wants to kill everyone at a wedding?
    :D
    jackjack
  • victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    But the point is that you don't have to kill everyone at the wedding - you can talk your way out of that (at least I could in the brief evil run I tried). Don't know about the rest, though, since that's as far as I got with Dorn's quest, but still, if you're a playing as a Paladin, it would be hard to justify the evil route.
    Highborne
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You don't get locked out - after a few ingame days the Radiant Heart should be doing business as usual again.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Highborne - you're good as long as you don't aggro everyone else. Just pretend you are a guest, friend of the slut bride and don't let Dorn go spare. Only after he shouts at the main guy and they go and do a duel.

(It's hard to resist the snarky comments though)
    like:
    > Are you with the groom or the bride?
    - Actually, I am with this bloodthirsty Blackguard
    jackjackMoradin
  • HighborneHighborne Member Posts: 22

But the point is that you don't have to kill everyone at the wedding - you can talk your way out of that (at least I could in the brief evil run I tried). Don't know about the rest, though, since that's as far as I got with Dorn's quest, but still, if you're a playing as a Paladin, it would be hard to justify the evil route.

Sigh, trying to talk my way out of it but nothing seems to work.

I can't get past the first guy, the brother, he gets all angry. So I kill him.

Go to the wedding, get Colin killed, then no matter what I say Dorn hostiles the entire place.

Could you tell me the magic way to get out of this without slaughtering the entire damn place?
  • KrypplingzKrypplingz Member Posts: 11
    edited January 2014
    FINAL EDIT. I promise!

The magic to get out of this without slaughtering everyone is more Charisma. 15 to be exact.
    You can increase your charisma with a Ring from the circus or a friend spell if you happen to be a wizard. The slums innkeeper sells a +2 Charisma sword and somewhere (over the rainbow) in Amn there is a nymph cloak.

SPOILERS-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-SPOILERS-ARE YOU LOOKING? WELL- SPOILERS- SPOILERS

Got 15 Charisma? And there is still blood on the walls? Try this:

For the brother:
    Tell him your with the bride. Be polite and don't say that you're going to choke him with his intestines and he should let you through. (You can even tell him that you slept with his sister!)

For the Ceremony:
    Make Dorn go one on one with the priest. You have a wide array of options. A perfectly safe road is:
    Wait a second, wrong marriage-> My name will be of little use to you-> Oh please like Torm hasn't done the same.
    But you can pick others. Colin will not survive if you insist that he impregnated you. (Mwahahaha)

After the duel:
    Tell Dorn to sheath his sword, the wedding guests are not too scared to go spreading this tale around.
    If your Charisma is below 17 he will try to resist, but just tell him that this deed will strike fear in the hearts of men and he should back down.

Afterwards, go for a drink at the Five Flagons, you horrible, horrible person. (That was a joke.)

END OF SPOILERS
    Post edited by Krypplingz on
    Nonnahswriter
  • AnimusRexAnimusRex Member Posts: 37
    edited February 2014
    I was looking for some help with this quest myself. I just picked up Dorn, and Hexxat to compliment having Korgan and myself as a Neutral Evil Dwarf Fighter/Cleric multi. The last guy on my list to pick up is the evil mage guy (I forget his name).

Anyway, I went to the temple of Torm, and decided to just muscle my way through the guards and killed everyone in the first big room. But now I'm stuck. I've tried picking the locks on all the doors with Hexxat but it says they're not conventional locks and may be warded against spells.

How am I suppose to get into the locked rooms without lockpicking? I was thinking of grabbing Aerie and using Knock. I hope that works, otherwise I am F'd since I already saved and would have to start from the beginning to complete this quest.

So, will knock work, or is there another way I can get in? Maybe I can rest for a few days and hope everyone respawns?

*Edit 3:08a - I just finished getting Edwin and tried knock unsuccessfully on all 3 of the doors. Can't find a way to continue Dorn's quest.
    Post edited by AnimusRex on
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Dorn's quest is going to be pretty tough to justify for a Paladin rp-wise... He does some fairly atrocious things to some good people... Also your reputation is going to take a pounding, so you may well Fall (and probably deserve to).
    jackjack