Skip to content

[Request] Make the mage spell Stoneskin transparent.

UnumUnum Member Posts: 23
edited December 2013 in Feature Requests
I'd like to see the mage spell Stoneskin transparent. That way I could see my mage in all his wonderful colors and not walking around looking like a statue.

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    Indeed, some method of removing the "permanent" or long duration spell visible effects would be ideal.

Perhaps a script you could assign (temporarily) that lets you choose whether to show them or not?

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    edited January 2014
    Definitely agree - this would be one more step towards full TobEx integration. (I.e. externalize this feature, no need to disable it altogether.)
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    I very much agree this feature needs to be externalized, so that it can be modded. I was very sad to find out, that I would once again need to have almost everyone of my partymembers greyed out for all my game :/

So @cuv is that something that is possible?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the visual cue for stoneskin needs to be easy to see because it's a terribly important spell. making it translucent would make it straining for the eyes in crowded battles.

there could also be an auditory cue: there should be a sound of striking stoneskin and it could be the same as that of striking an earth elemental or sm along those lines

protection from missiles, normal/magical weapons, mantles and abs. immunity also need some visual cue, for example some sparks on hit. there could also be a sound, a new one i guess.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    bob_veng said:

the visual cue for stoneskin needs to be easy to see because it's a terribly important spell. making it translucent would make it straining for the eyes in crowded battles.

Hence why it should be externalized so players could choose to have stoneskin change colour or not change colour depending on preference. Also, a visual cue on casting is arguably enough - it's easy to notice when stoneskin wears off as it displays a portrait icon.

I like the sound idea though.

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Oh, no, I love to see all my mages in grey, so I can say fi they are going to die or no :D