Skip to content

Disney Duel: Tangled or Frozen?

recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
edited January 2014 in Off-Topic
I hadn't seen either until tonight, and now I've watched both. For anybody else in the light about both, I was just curious to see who thought what. So, which did you prefer: Tangled, or Frozen?
  1. Tangled or Frozen?7 votes
    1. Tangled
      57.14%
    2. Frozen
      42.86%

Comments

• CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    No Blade Runner option!!!!???!?!?! That makes me sad :(Blade Runner is my favorite movie, I mean, I'm great fan of Star Wars, with The Empire Strikes Back under Blade Runner as my favorite, but, I think I haven't watched these movies by Disney. A movie I want to watch is Citizen Kane, I've heard that is a good movie.
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    I am an English & Drama student in an unholy land! People at BG haven't seen recent Disney? I'm not sure if I should have expected that or not. In fairness I only saw them last night, but guuuuys, really? :O
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    edited January 2014
    While I liked both, I liked Tangled quite a lot more.
    Why ?
    -Some parts of the story in "Frozen" did not really sound believable (fairy-tale believable) to me and left me thinking "that was quite random".
    - The funny sidekick(s) in Tangled were quite nice (Pascal the Chameleon or the Horse). Funny sidekick in Frozen (Olaf) was too obviously a "Comedic relief character" and was quite annoying. Quite a lot.
    - The villain of Tangled was an old, charismatic witch. Villains in Tangled were a silly old guy and a pretty young guy who was obviously a poser from the first second you saw him. None of them was charismatic enough for me to notice or care.
    - Tangled had some interesting side-characters (main male protagonist was a scoundrel, the tavern full of Thieves was a sight to behold and the determined horse cop was good too). Frozen had...trolls? Even though cute...they SANG! And looked out of the place.

Though, I quite liked several touches of "Frozen". Like the fact, that the pretty prince was a manipulative bastard. Or that the protagonist (Anna) was not waiting for her male love interest to save the day, but saved it herself...
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Agh, it's so hard... I love them both so very much!! :(

Tangled had more memorable songs, and Zachary Levi. Not to mention Maximillian was an absolute beast--literally and metaphorically.

But Frozen had so much girl-power packed in! The scene where Elsa lets down her hair is one of the best, "I don't give a damn!"-moments I've ever seen. I made a guess about Hans when he first mentioned that he had... What was it? "12 older brothers"? And then when Anna put him in charge, I was like, "Oh, he is EVIL! He is SO evil!!" But what made the plot-twist so great was that they waited...and they waited......and they waited for the big reveal for so long that I started to second-guess myself. I started to think, "Huh, maybe this guy is for real after all...?" And then they dropped the bomb and I was like, "DAMN!" I couldn't even say that I knew it would happen, because the writing was so great, I literally didn't know that it would! Oh, and the ending with Elsa and Anna? The familial love > romantic love? PRICELESS.

I've also seen Tangled many times, while I saw Frozen for the first time only a couple weeks ago, so... I might be on a bit of a high. ^_^;;
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @Nonnahswriter - same here with Hans.
    First meeting - he seems evil.
    Secondly, mentioning he has 12 brothers - oh yesss...evil ladder-climber!
    Third clue - being put into charge and helping citizens - oh YES! Finally a smart villain with good publicity!
    Fourth - There's another guy (Sven), who is obviously good. Hans gets alone with Anna...oh damn, he's gonna kill her? Oh no...just gloat. Here we go...
    (I know. It takes one to know one...)

And another yes. I liked that the power the writers put into female protagonists. That's not common.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Yes that wet willie cameleon was so cute that I prefer tangled.