Skip to content

Kivan Question

Ok so I picked Kivan up but I'm hearing he's about to make me rush to fulfill his quest..
I want to take my time... Can I drop him and pick him up again when I want to do his quest or will it be too late when I get back to him as he's already been part of my party?
Any help appreciated..

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Iirc you get 20 days to take care of the bandits, during which he will remind you a few times, so you don't exactly have to rush. Actually not sure if dropping him from the party stops the timer, but I wouldn't bet on it. At least in BG2, many NPC quests can advance even though the NPC isn't presently in the party.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I also think the timer changes depending on which chapter you recruit him in. But I could be mistaken.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Well he's not said anything yet... I've just entered chapter 3 after slaying Mulahay..
    Any idea how many days he'll give me after his first mention?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Iirc it's after 7 and 14 days.
  • EldraneEldrane Member Posts: 56
    Sorry Shin, I'm not sure what you're saying what is after 7 and 14 days?
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Eldrane said:

Sorry Shin, I'm not sure what you're saying what is after 7 and 14 days?

I think he means that he reminds you first after 7 days, then again after 14 days, and then he leaves after 20 days.

If you want to get a better sense of how much time you have (and you're not opposed to reloading a game), you could experiment by resting somewhere multiple back-to-back times and see how many hours you have before he says something upon wakening.

I don't know the answer to your question about dismissing/re-recruiting him into your party, but there are two other things to keep in mind if you try that:
    1. If your rep is too low at the time you dismiss him, he will be considered "unhappy" at that time and will no longer be available to re-recruit.
    2. He will NOT continue to gain experience or levels while he is dismissed from your party - so if it's a while before you re-recruit him, his own level may be disproportionate to the rest of your party's level.