Skip to content

Importing

fallen97fallen97 Member Posts: 10
I dont have any EE yet but am thinking of getting the first one, before i do however will I be able to carry on my game from BG 1 EE to my old BG 2 or do I have to get both EE games to play though the hole story ?

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    U can import no problems. As long as u dont use the EE classes like Blackguards.

That's exactly what I did with my first full saga playthrough. F/M BG EE to BG 2 Vanilla.
  • fallen97fallen97 Member Posts: 10
    nice tyvm
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I did that too, I really recommend getting the EEs, they have lots of bug fixing that will come handy if you are not a modder (BG2 vanilla is buggy), but buying BG:EE and doing the second part in BG2:ToB is really good too.
  • horiachoriac Member Posts: 6
    Recently I have exported my blackguard character from BG2:EE Black Pits, from the PC version, and imported it into the BG2:EE Shadows of Amn, iPad verion, and the problem is that the character was imported with "Spell Failure" stat that was applied between fights in the Black Pits.

Is there a way to remove it?

I did not manage to find a prist that can do that, and I already playied a big part form Chapter 2, and do not want to take it from zero. thanks
    @horiac

I don't know if it can be fixed...

But even if u can, I wouldn't recommend it, especially if u are playing SoA for the first time.

Ur Black Pits 2 character is already endgame level, whereas SoA is designed to be played with a character beginning with 70K-161K xp, not 5M or more. It's a single player game, so if u enjoy stomping everything mindlessly, then it's ur call, but the core game is MUCH better than Black Pits, and it would be a shame if u ruined a first experience by playing with an overpowered character. It's like taking a Diablo 3 level-capped character in Normal mode... fun for a few minutes, but u certainly wouldn't make it through a 100 hr+ epic saga like BG 2 playing like that.
    @Heindrich1988

Actually this is not my first attempt at BG2, I played it some years ago and managed to get to chapter 5, but then my PC crashed and I was unable to recover my save files, and lost interest to play it again.

Last year, when the BGEE was lunched on the iPad, and because I was travelling a lot, I though that it was a great idea to start with the first game. After I finished the main story with a blackguard, at around level 9, I imported my character into the Black Pits, which I finished at around level 11.

When BG2EE for the iPad was lunched, I immediately bought it, and started the Black Pits from this version, by importing my blackguard character. Initially I though that it would be somewhat similar with the previous BP, bringing only 2-3 levels, but when I realized that I was gaining a level after each fight, after 4 fight I stopped playing, exported my character and started the SoA story. At level 15, the game is not that easy, given the fact that I am playing it on Hard difficulty.

I like the game, and the story, but the problem is that I do not have too much time on my hands to actually restart playing it, and currently I am close to reaching chapter 3, with that damn "Spell Failure" stat... Perhaps you might know of a good character/savegame editor with which I could remove this stat?!?
    @horiac
    EEkeeper is the only editor I know of. I am not sure if "Spell Failure" is a standard effect like Horror, Chaos etc, which can be easily removed, or if it is something more hard-coded. Normally spell failure caused by things like Insect Plague wears off as soon as the spell ends. Also there's zones in BG 2 which are dead magic zones, where u get automatic spell failure, but again the effect ends when u leave. What u are experiencing sounds like something more serious. You probably can remove it with EE Keeper, but I am not sure how easily.

Anyways here's the link:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-2/p1
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @horiac It should be an easy edit to remove it, if you upload your save file I can take a look.
    @Heindrich1988 thank you for the hint, I will try it now!

@Shin I have up uploaded my savegame, in case I do not manage with EEKeeper. Thanks
    @horiac I removed the spell failure and button disabling effects from the blackguard, try it now.
    Sorry, forgot to remove the portrait icon - try it now.
    @Shin thank you very much, I have managed to remove to disablement of the buttons in the mean time, but not the "Spell Failure" stat. Saved my day!