Skip to content

Super annoying effect from Rasaad's TOB quest - how to get rid of it?

xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
I'm sure you know the effect you get in Rasaad's quest when you enter the plane of shadows. You know, that "dispel magic" kind of thing that flashes around your party members seemingly at random, and quite often. Well, I finished Rasaad's quest, but the effect hasn't gone away. It keeps flicking on and on and on and on. I rested, left the map, everything, but it's still there.

How to get rid of it? At this point, abandoning the game completely and forgetting about it seems like a reasonable option...

The final battle in Rasaad's quest, by the way, was, hands down, the worst piece of writing in all of Baldur's Gate. There was a huge amount of stuff you had to do just right, or else it won't work. Some of it seemed completely arbitrary and/or bugged, as well. Oh dear!

Comments

• victory_rosevictory_rose Member Posts: 72
    I wasn't quite content with my character by the time I finished Rasaad's quest, and like you, couldn't get rid of this effect, so I used this as an excuse to restart BG1 with a character combination I've never tried before. I did however read about a solution to the problem (which, admittedly I've not tried), so if you search the forum for "wheel of obliteration", you should be able to find it and try out the solution.
    jackjack
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    I got bugged badly in that section lol because rasaad started getting into a loop calling out his nemesis and I couldn't do anything while he repeatedly did that. Btw you can run into a situation in that quest where rasaad and viconia might make you choose between them.

Then I bugged out the last part by trapping the shadow dragon so I had to reload from a while back because if you put traps down the dragon dies instantly as a woman and you never leave the cut scene.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

I wasn't quite content with my character by the time I finished Rasaad's quest, and like you, couldn't get rid of this effect, so I used this as an excuse to restart BG1 with a character combination I've never tried before.

Best reaction ever. Kudos.