Skip to content

Cleric Holy Symbol W/O Lvl25

unkinheadunkinhead Member Posts: 107
Was just curious, i had this plan to get it early, i plan on being a dual classed cleric, but i would never reach level 25 cleric obviously (Before anomen)...However, i figure, if i take Anomen with me, since he no longer progresses his fighter class, he would strictly level with his cleric up to level 25, then i could ditch him, and take his priest of lathander symbol :D (people who are neutral could do the same, just fail his quest)

Would this work?

(Then when i finally hit level 25, if i do choose to keep him around, i can give it back to him lol)

Comments

• HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    Yes, as long as ur cleric is same alignment as Anomen. When poor Anomen got fried by Abazigal in my LP, I gave his Holy Symbol to Aerie, who got the full benefit despite being nowhere near lv25 Cleric herself.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I always hoped for the EE to add some of this to HL Clerics in ToB, even new ones, I was pretty fired that Viconia gets the Symbol of Talos, I wanted a Symbol of Shar for her, you know, maybe Sendai carrying a Holy Symbol of Lloth... That's be great, and if you are playing evil, Viconia is a single class clerics and thus levels up fast, that may help you get one.
    A good thing of these Holy Symbols is the STR bonus, I remember giving Anomen one and he had 19 STR without any buffs, and I had used the Machine of Lum the Mad before on him to give him a STR bonus, so with 20 STR, grand-mastery in Flails (I've tweaked this to be like in BG1) and FoA+5 he was a nice tank, and with Cleric buffs he can reach 25 STR by using Righteous Magic and then a Draw Upon Holy Might if you want some more DEX and CON.