Skip to content

What is this? Hexxat SUCKS (SPOILERS)

I play in iPad, and when it comes to this special abilities, you can not do the right click like you do in the inventory. So Hexxat has this ability to summon wolves, other to Dominate. And then there is another one that, when I use, seems she is sucking the blood of the target. But I don't see any effect. Is she harming the target in some way? Is she healing? Is this good for melee combat?

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    It does some small amount of damage, drains Con and can knock the enemy unconscious, I believe.

The Wolf Summon actually changes by level. Wolves are the mid-level one. At level 21 it changes to Shadows. I can't recall what the low-level one is. She also gets more uses of Dominate as she levels, I think 3 in total.

I never used her blood drain, but I did use her other skills. Dominate was lulzy in a few fights.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited January 2014
    Well there would be something incredibly wrong if a vampire didn't suck...

It does some small amount of damage, drains Con and can knock the enemy unconscious, I believe.

The Wolf Summon actually changes by level. Wolves are the mid-level one. At level 21 it changes to Shadows. I can't recall what the low-level one is. She also gets more uses of Dominate as she levels, I think 3 in total.

I never used her blood drain, but I did use her other skills. Dominate was lulzy in a few fights.

The missing summon is bats. As for the blood drain it does 1-4 Constitution damage and knocks unconcious for 5 rounds unless save vs. spell... or was it save vs. death? One of those.
    jackjack
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291

Ridiculous stats, bonus immunities, dominate and extra summons are far better unique powers then most characters get.

I so love her.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    Mine at level 40 has 5 dominates I think.

She's pretty good at backstabbing and great traps, pretty convenient to always be able to pickpocket and she has some of the toughest kills for me such as demogorgon and irenicus.
  • Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
    edited January 2014
    my only problem is that she is a single-class thief...you guys went too far in the other direction. We're either limited to wanna-be thieves (Nalia and Imoen), illusionists (Jan, missing the extremely useful Necromancy school), temporary thieves (Yoshi), or non-combat thieves (Hexxat). And she can almost dual-class to make it better, but she can't :( Wait, almost forgot, you do get an almost perfect thief in ToB, but it's almost a waste to make him a thief
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    shadow dragon armor, celestial fury, sandthiefs ring, and boots of speed are all she needs to dominate. hide in shadows, backstab, ghost with ring, backstab again, run around a corner, ghost a 3rd time, backstab...pretty much everything dies by that time.
    Archaos
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2014

my only problem is that she is a single-class thief...you guys went too far in the other direction. We're either limited to wanna-be thieves (Nalia and Imoen), illusionists (Jan, missing the extremely useful Necromancy school), temporary thieves (Yoshi), or non-combat thieves (Hexxat). And she can almost dual-class to make it better, but she can't :( Wait, almost forgot, you do get an almost perfect thief in ToB, but it's almost a waste to make him a thief

Even if it were an option I really don't see having the option of dual classing her to a fighter making it better. Sure she has high natural strength and dexterity, but unless you have plans to use her for ranged weapons she would never be much of a fighter. Her health is just too low for that. Plus you'd miss out on higher level/hla traps.
  • Admiral_ThrawnAdmiral_Thrawn Member Posts: 27
    actually, I wished she was a fighter base (it's more for specialization and THAC0 rather than HP- even fighter thieves shouldn't be on the front-lines taking hits... save that for the plate wearing full warriors).
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Evil NPCs are almost always single-classed, though (BG1's Tiax and Montaron being the sole exceptions). The main reason for Hexxat being a thief is because Evil BG2 parties didn't actually have any thieves whose skills could improve unless you took Jan; if she'd been a Shadowdancer or an Assassin, her progression would have been too slow in the early part of the game (which is arguably when you need high thieving skills the most). And a swashbuckling vampire would just be weird. :)
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

Rats.
    Jarleale
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    She's an evil female single-class thief because that's exactly what the community asked for. There were some that wanted a swashbuckler or assassin but the overall consensus was that an evil thief (preferably female) was needed for BGII, so that's what we got.
    elminster
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    People are morons... :)
    smeagolheart
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    edited January 2014
    I don't know what there is to belly ache about id love a pure thief I could use in my parties id hoped prior to release that we would have got a more balanced character so that I could get some use out of them.

there's lots to complain about when it comes to Hexxat (and I do) but I don't think her class is one of them she's already much more impressive then a vanilla thief should be
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421

Wait, almost forgot, you do get an almost perfect thief in ToB, but it's almost a waste to make him a thief

Dual-classing Sarevok to Thief or especially Mage, borderlines blasphemy to me.

The former is not so bad "I am as unseen as death" but the latter is just ridiculous. Sarevok in robes using darts and staves.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    What i hear in this thread, is a bunch of spoiled little whiners. She is what she is. What do you want, a fighter with 150 hp and grand mastery in katana's, hammers, longswords, and longbows with 150 points in every thieving category, time traps, and 7x backstab damage? She's a THIEF.
  • QueegonQueegon Member Posts: 363
    edited January 2014
    I made her a dual class fighter/thief with EE Keeper, and I feel no remorse. At least the dual-class option is now greyed out. :)

EDIT: When you can take a save from multiplayer/blackpits and put it in SoA/ToB save directory with a group of 6 people of your own creation, I feel like I can shape joinable NPCs in some slight manner (proficiencies mostly) to my own taste without feeling bad, while keeping their lore, banters, background, etc. for a pleasant playthrough.
  • kryptixkryptix Member Posts: 741
    She's good as a thief just her thaco leaves something to be desired... How many enemies can survive her backstabs in the first place? I gave her a stack of invis potions and cleared out half of sendais enclave... The other half I blasted from afar with firestorm + invis :)...