Skip to content

[POSSIBLE SPOILER] Shadow Thief at entrance to temple district reciting poem

Who is this guy? This is the first time ever noticing this guy even after playing baldurs gate 2 thousands of times... has he been added with the enhanced edition? does he play any bigger role or is he just a poet gone rogue?

Comments

• mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    I saw him in vanilla too. I remember taking 15 minutes writing it down when I was 13 thinking it was the greatest poem ever
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    He was there in vanilla - I always figured he's a genuine shadow thief pushed a little too far by what he's seen in the guild war.
  • Viconia_DeVirViconia_DeVir Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2014
    I do recall the doggerel of that particular rivvin. It was one of the things that struck me most about Athkatla, this astonishing literacy among such unwashed masses. There were moldering tomes to be found buried among the crypts, shelf after shelf of leatherbound volumes in manors, cellars converted into playhouses, tome-sellers hawking weighty, gilted works in the great Promenade, sheaf after sheaf of hastily-scribbled news bundled in the fists of the town criers and flung at passers-by. Even those who lurked in cloaks and hoods within the shadows of such holy spires were poets and philosophers, it seemed. You could hardly turn for would-be orators on every street corner.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I remeber Disintegrating him with my Chaotic Good PC I "revived" today, she stills in chapter 3, but with around 4 millions XP.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited January 2014
    There is this crazy gnome (or halfling?) in the Docks district that recites poems about the npcs in your party, that is Enhanced edition addition, I think. That shadow thief in temple district has always been in the game but he only spawns at night in certain chapters so you must have missed him.

Hmm where is that scimitar throwing mad guy Habib, haven' t seen him yet. Athkatla sure has its share of crazies.
  • KrypplingzKrypplingz Member Posts: 11
    The gnome on the docks was also in the vanilla edition.
    And Habib is still out there, he will never be captured!
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Northern exit of slums IIRC
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

The gnome on the docks was also in the vanilla edition.
    And Habib is still out there, he will never be captured!

Really? I never saw him before and he had a poem about Hexxat so I thought it might be Enhanced edition addition. ^^

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    The gnome was always there, though he sometimes goes into Mae'Var's guildhall. Nice that they updated his dialogue for the EE though.
  • vangoatvangoat Member Posts: 212
    wow, i've never spoken to the gnome guy in the docks! i'll have to try to check him out.

habib usually gets chunked when he flings his mighty scimitar. the last time i played i thought he only attacked once, but he seems to attack about 3 times, which is more than enough time to irritate my party into chunking him.

neeber never gets past his first line now, either.